Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

I don’t like how Vulgard keeps tacking on that they’ve been wrong recently to all their reads. I get that its rough to be on a losing streak with reads but i think its still +EV for us to ignore that voice in the backs of our heads saying we cant do anything right

I’m quite literally town reading arctic

i deadass accidently hit send part way through and was going to have the vote be in the same message but didn’t bother explaining that at the time bc i didn’t think the post mattered

I’m being wolf read for explaining something that you yourself said is very obviously a memepost

and you want me to not point out that it was a joke, especially after

someone else had ALREADY shown to not have understood it was a joke

ashlyn’s case on kanave feels like a classic town ashlyn post so i’m pretty firm on not killing her today now

i don’t really agree with the case though. i think a lot of the awkward jokes and weird self-awareness are things that kanave does normally and it’s very easily to incorrectly wolfread them for it. an example from pathological invitational:

i think they have been more memey this game but i don’t think it’s something i would choose to read them from

Slanking is more due to irl motiviation than anything ai, Love is war i wanted to play but felt like utter shit first half of the day then missed my alarm the next

1 Like

I think they meant that in a “no real loss if they get misvoted” kind of way

1 Like

VOTE: Flygon

tbh I think its wolfy, its definitely atleast enough for me to drop my tr on them

it costs you nothing to not make posts like this if you are town
(if you’re a wolf please continue)

anyway, i think a bigger concern with kanave is that their focus felt extremely narrow early on until they started talking about other slots recently, and their solving has mostly been lacking nuance or anything in depth, but i think their recent take on flygon is okay

@Kanave can you go in depth on what you find towny about squirrel, vulgard and caspore (looking at your last readlist, if any of these reads have changed since then you could explain why instead)

The trick is to intentionally act out in suspicious ways as Town, without actually going so far as to throw or anything, in order to make suspicious behaviour in of itself NAI and to make your wolfgame look comparatively better.
This is not good advice.

1 Like

honestly tanking your towngame so wolfing becomes easier isn’t something entirely unheard of around here

i suspected kiiruma of doing this and someone told me he did in fact used to do it

either way i feel like it’s probably stupid to make your experience in 75% of your games worse to make it easier 25% of the time (i stole this quote from vulgard)

1 Like

This is stellar advice, but its unfun to do and just a way arround getting good.

1 Like

I dunno, I think I’ve done pretty well thus far. I’m the resident tinfoil wolf in every game I play.

oh yeah, you certainly have. Its just not something i would do because i heavily prefer a town rand over a wolf rand, so i would never sacrifice my time as town for the purpose of a better time when randing woof

oh hey i forgot dum was in this game
do you have any more reads for us or

1 Like

I have never intentionally tried to make myself look scummy. It just happens on a micro scale.

Squirel was mostly goodwill from their early posting

Vulgard I’m a bit torn on their more recent posts, namely as i pointed out their “I’ve been wrong recently so this is probably wrong” is anti-town, but it seems to be coming more from frustration than being faked or malicious. Besides that I’ve liked their solving and pressure, such as when they voted Ashlyn to try to get more from them (even if i obv disagree with the conclusion they ended up agreeing with from her)

For example here i like the solving and arguement against Shending (even if the second part of that post has the self doubt i mentioned earlier :sob:)

Caspore I actually dropped the TR on them, partly due to your analysis of their wall and then just rereading their posts and not really seeing what i had TR them for before (obvious the way i look at them after thinking they might be sus is going to be different but eh :woman_shrugging: nothing I ca really do about that if its how they read now)

2 Likes

i need to sleep now, I’ll set an alarm for ~40ish min before eod but sadly 11am is way before i’ve been waking up recently so imma be tired as fuck but ill be there (I have to get up earlyish for something else anyways dw im not ruining my sleep “schedule” just for you guys)

Flygon (3): ElizaThePsycho, guavagudetama, Kanave
Kanave (3): Caspore, Ashlyn, Vulgard
Caspore (1): NinjaPenguin
Arctic (1): Flygon

Not Voting (5): Dum, Magnus, Shending_Help, Squirrel2412, Arctic

I’m not sure I agree with any of these wagons, tbh. Would it be mean to consolidate on Dum this early on?
I don’t even really scumread Dum, it’s just a weird vibe.

people have hardly talked about dum so i don’t think killing him would be very useful… as far as alignment goes, idk, still feels rand-ish to me

magnus, you know who flygon is right? i get that they’re using an alt so the importance of meta is diminished but sometimes there are fundamental tells that players just don’t change, so i want to know if you think they’re playing more like wolf them or town them

i… don’t really want to impose this standard on someone because i feel like it risks undermining their recent effort to improve but i feel like how flygon has become more open to the idea of being wrong on eliza despite her not really doing anything recently to warrant is uncharacteristic for him… it sucks to say this but i don’t think he has any passionate wolfreads right now and i think that’s wolfy for him. i think his handling of eliza makes sense to come from a wolf following how the thread consensus is shifting on eliza and adapting accordingly rather than being a natural motion. i wanted to avoid saying this because in the case that i’m wrong here saying this is likely to incite some sort of hell tunnel or chaos/toxicity in general, but it’s been on my mind

yes

1 Like