Netrunner Mafia - Game Over: Mala Tempora

I’ll repeat myself.

ah but that’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t? sorta?

like I set off the bells that caused Penguin to prove myself and then gave several insufficient responses until there wasn’t really anything left besides to be fully transparent

I could’ve not explained myself at all, but that’s the reason why people are suspicious of Eliza.

Oh shoot I forgot I even played that one tbh

Nope

Gonna be at work but I’ll pop in during breaks

Should be around for eod at least

Ping me if there’s stuff you want me to look at when I get on otherwise I’ll just be backreading

Yeah, the way he’s making those reads feels like he already knows his intended conclusion before making them.

It’s how I improve my accuracy. It legitimately works a lot of the time. The TMI point in particular has been very accurate, and if it’s correct here, it has been 100% accurate.

I understand it might be off-putting and I have been pushed for such stuff literally last game. I’ll try to keep that to a minimum if it helps you solve or something (idk why it would though).

When did I say that? I legitimately don’t remember, lmao.

There’s a voice in the back of my head screaming that maybe we should kill Eliza, and another voice screaming “you have literally never caught her.”

VOTE: Shending_Help

Might be worth doing this, though.

Arctic’s posts about Caspore are villagery.

I honestly think Flygon feels a bit isolated in the thread, and their appeal to people asking them to play the game more meaningfully seemed too randomly desperate to have come from a wolf. Wolves do post a lot about things that are unimportant, but that was a random part that seemed like a hail mary and I feel like a different approach would be taken there? Like, you know, engaging with the suspicion instead of criticizing the entire playerlist (or most of it) for not following certain gameplay principles? I’m being reductive here but I’m attempting to convey a general attitude that seems unlikely to me from a wolf who’s getting heat and has a team.

I’m saying this while knowing I’ve done similar stuff as a wolf and been townread for it. But still.

From the current wagons, I’d go Kanave over Flygon, but really I’d prefer to run up someone else, which is what I’m doing. I respect Ashlyn’s D1 reads after the first games, but I’m not super comfortable here. If Ashlyn is once again correct about the game and I’m running up a villager when she’s created W/W wagons then I’ll take the fat L.

1 Like

After the last few games, idk why I said first games.

I think I’d even be happier with Caspore being a wagon than Flygon all things considered.

Magnus, is there anything you’re doing differently this game due to its nature?

I was inspired to soft a Jester variant this game and thought I might’ve gotten away with being left alive because Love Is War had a third party, until I reread the OP and realised there weren’t any neutrals.

2 Likes

Ngl, I feel like I’m juggling options more than actually solving the game. Still hoping to hit a wolf, though.

I should not have asked.

3 Likes

:pensive:

Ninja doesn’t come across as lost in the thread, unless that’s just me, which makes these questions appear to be deflective more so than anything else. Redirecting attention elsewhere, it’s a fairly easy trick for anyone of either alignment. I’m just pointing it out, because asking questions is a really simple way to look involved without giving much to analyse about yourself.

This means… something about Eliza if Ninja’s Mafia. Undue focus, maybe. More questions.

Looks like Arctic caught onto this as well.

This interaction with Dum is pretty decent on a vibe level…

Don’t mind me, just rambling to myself. There are micro positive things about Ninja’s ISO, and it gets better around halfway through. That’s about it, though.

Time for something entirely different.
VOTE: Squirrel2412.

Squirrel commented on a few things today, but there’s nothing that feels definitely towny and for some reason I’m feeling opposed to killing too many people, so I just want to trick a few players into reading Squirrel’s ISO to see what I mean.

maybe
though i don’t think being transparent was the wrong thing to do there, it’s just that when you show a blatant awareness that you would get townread for what you’ve been doing it makes it hard to actually give you credit when this knowledge makes it clear everything you did is fakeable / could have been done to get townread as a wolf

me neither but i know that you did because it stuck with me

yeah, i’ve been thinking about the way he was condescending to everyone and straight up saying we weren’t solving the game and were all bad, and i kind of lean on it being towny for this reason - that it’s kind of a roundabout way to counter suspicion. but i don’t know if it’s strong enough of a point to outweigh my concerns.

i looked at it last night when i asked people for thoughts on squirrel, thought he was ~rand and he hasn’t done anything since then

1 Like

Hi nerds it’s NP and it this point it doesn’t look like Eliza’s going to respond to my questioning and it’s been 24 hours and doesn’t seem like there’s any use waiting any longer so I’m going to put my cards on the table

So Eliza’s backpedal was something I probably would’ve scumread on any other site but I realized that this is FoL and if there’s one thing I remember about FoL it’s that people constantly say they are reaction testing for little to no benefit and get suspected for it lmao. So I tried to act like I thought the backpedal was scummy and produce a line of questioning and pressure that might actually lead to some AI answers (would rather still give Eliza time to respond even if that pressure is gone before talking about what kind of answer I’d consider AI in each direction). But in order to apply pressure on Eliza in her response I couldn’t drop the idea that I thought the backpedal was scummy which uh prevented me from talking about everything that evolved from it which is very weh
So about noon yday I read through the thread and wanted to start questioning Guava and Flygon because it felt like their attacks on Eliza were for very “hypocrisy = scum” reasons which it felt like they were better players than making those arguments (the way Guava spoke about Caspore’s post being like “yes! so brilliant” specifically raised some pocketing alarm bells)
Which meant I was p surprised when Guava went after Flygon for the bandwagoning and I wanted to talk about it so bad

So what does the penguin actually think?
Probably at the time when I first put my cards to my chest I would have said both are scummy but Flygon feels like the scummier one and agreed with Guava’s case but dear god that AtE felt so towny
Whereas Guava interacts with people in a way that just doesn’t feel solvy?
There was my initial wariness about hypocrisy = scum reasonings with Eliza (and especially the pockety reaction towards calling Caspore great for pointing out hypocrisy)

Like this question just doesn’t feel like they are ever going to be reading Caspore on what the response was
And their response to Caspore backs this up bc Guava never interacts with Caspore’s suspicion on them
Like Caspore’s progression even within one post is objectively bizarre in a way that can v easily be read as alignment indicative (a fact I tried to point out after this question to get Guava to interact with this) and they don’t care?

And then there’s this

Which is another instance that makes me feel like Guava isn’t playing in a solvy way
The first part is fine but when put alongside the second part this feels so forced
“going after an unpopular target doesn’t clear you but it makes a lot of sense that you’re town because you targeted an unpopular target in-thread”
Yeah no this is just trying to seem like you’re putting consideration into Caspore’s alignment without actually doing real townie thought

VOTE: guavagudetama

1 Like

Going to eat breakfast but other reads/comments coming soonish