Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

i understand the argument for why killing a wolf might be -ev but the way i see it killing a town is -ev as well so it’s ultimately equal ev at most

this doesn’t compute to me
do you think jar’s partner didn’t tell them this game existed in this thread? or do you think wolves are both inactives

or are you trying to argue jar’s partner told them now the game was happening here

what does -ev and +ev mean

please explain your argument because i’m not sure what thought process you’re using
you seem to be accusing them of being mafia for saying they’re a new player which i don’t think is what you’re trying to say but that’s how it reads

who are partners? a host account told me that the game is happening here and directed me to this thread or chat

efficiency value
partner = mafia buddy (there are two mafia buddies, who are each other’s partners)

i think they are accusing me of being mafia because i think mafias here normally use the tactic of calling themselves a new player

@ElizaThePsycho bruh this is always town what are you on

nokiel was instantly voted too when they said they are new to forum mafia

anyways, i will still be learning because i dont understand what efficiency value means

arctic, jar and lemonfairy are my easy townreads
if i’m wrong on lemonfairy that will be embarrassing but also funny so i’m ok with continuing

1 Like

i just think lemonfairy is genuinely trying to process the game and has a lot of comfort in posting when i agree with her in that she’d probably be more careful and having less fun as mafia

i know it’s self-meta but i believe it and i also believe it applies here

2 Likes

I don’t think so, but I haven’t really played in a while and I was busy yesterday and sleepy today.

Hm… So it was legitimate? Noted.

i would usually call this useless self-meta but this is pretty accurate from what i remember

wifom out the wazoo, but the fact that youre so certain of this is odd

hey no it’s not
if this was the only way to get townread then i would get mislynched every game

:skull:

please explain because i cannot even guess what your thought process is here

(no i can’t explain how it works)
uh
well
idk i guess i think it’s easier to find wolves when there are multiple ones alive generally
i think the solve becomes more obvious the smaller the town gets if there is a wolfteam rather than one wolf, because one wolf is more like a free for all and hiding TMI on yourself being mafia isn’t that difficult
and if we kill a wolf later in the game once we have more information the value of associative and anti-associative reads rises, so it’s more clear who is/isn’t likely to be aligned with the flipped wolf as opposed to flipping one with like, 5 posts today who’s been mentioned collectively like 3 times by two people
it’s not that i think killing a town is useful today but i think killing a wolf before they’re able to spew anything is kinda useless

why doesn’t this apply to every game? because by now in most games that are actually active enough content would have been generated on someone i suspect is a wolf to actually make it worth killing them for the sake of associative reads

1 Like

depends which villager slot you kill

you’re probably right because the best villager slot to kill would be one that gives enough information (has been discussed enough) but also one whose death wouldn’t result in the game becoming a ghost town

which i don’t think is a slot that exists in this game

vul those posts from jar were cute but i don’t know how AI they actually are

oh well i could have sworn you focused on micro things because i dont really remember you making many macro reads… outside of tone but idk if that even counts

i’m not certain of it
i feel like the last sentence made that especially obvious where i give the caveat that it may be a personality thing rather than an alignment indicative thing

@Jar what is your experience in social deduction / mafia

Yeah, basically if what their saying makes sense. Such as when people talk about connections between people, or come up with teams that make sense. Like that.

1 Like