Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

hi whysper

i was about to spoonfeed you questions like one does to a mafia baby who has no idea how to play or give reads and then i realized the fact that i was considering doing this to someone with as much experience as yourself is concerning with regards to your output so far in this game

This post from May about Arctic seems very well thought out and organized. I’ve only seen May by glances at seeing a few posts here and there in other games. Or when they were commenting after a game ended. I had assumed they seemed more disorganized in thoughts, but this seems good from a glance and I think it will be enjoyable reading their thoughts this game.

1 Like

Hello, Arctic :ayaya: I’m going to ignore trying to parse your meaning for this. Haha. :ayaya:

Anyway, you can still ask questions if you’d like. I’d definitely welcome that. I’m going through posts now that I have a little time and going to try commenting here and there.

what i was saying in that post is that it’s concerning that i was considering asking you basic questions like “do you have any reads” because you literally had not given any reads yet and you’re not inexperienced at the game

my current question to you: who are the wolves

Not every comment is meant to be meaningful beyond the comment. I was just wanting to comment on beancat’s post with my own thoughts that I’d had about the same thing.

But I can say more I guess about the Appel thing. Vulgard was town in that game. And it came down to where I was in lylo/mylo with him and Kat and Appel. And Vulgard was unwilling to really even re-evaluate Appel because he’d been stuck on his townread of her.

Though to be fair, both Kat and I weren’t really considering Appel as the wolf much either I don’t think. I was stuck thinking it was probably Kat. :ayaya:

2 Likes

Okay, once I catch up a bit more, I’ll get back to you on this

2 Likes

i think they’re lock clearing personally and if you read them again you might understand why

it’s something you need to figure out yourself

i see your point about associatives but i usually just want wolves dead regardless of gamestate and therefore i will try to kill a wolf

1 Like

oh i was definitely obstinate and dumb i’m not going to sugarcoat it

1 Like

oh i have played quite a bit of discord mafia however even though the game idea is the same, there are plenty of roles there. so instead of guessing a persons role based on tangible evidence like in discord mafia, we rather try guessing a persons role by behavior which i think is arguably harder.

2 Likes

I feel like this is a towny reply from Kanave to Arctic. I would think a wolf would have been fine with a general push against everyone for more activity. One that isn’t specifically at them. So for Kanave to even reply is just getting attention where I think a wolf wouldn’t want it.

yeah i do uh kind of see it now
but i am kind of questioning the legality of this read lol

Arguably it was just a mental illness moment, “no I have to do this specific thing myself I can’t trust anybody else to do it or touch it despite the fact that they’d be the exact same” is one of the irrational thought patterns I find myself falling into a lot. I fully admit it was a bad decision lmao

@Jar Oh, hi, fellow person who started out on Discord!

Reading people’s emotions through text is more a skill I’ve developed from, like, a good decade of talking to others online than from specifically playing mafia. It’s something applicable in a lot of cases.

What specifically got me thinking Arctic was nervous was that he made several, like, self-deprecating comments. If you’re super confident in your abilities, you probably also don’t use the word “stupid” to describe yourself twice in a row.

Calling myself an idiot was actually one of my wolftells in a VC game I played, I’m usually not that nervous as town and specifically try to avoid telling such lies about myself, so this specific tell is something I tend to notice quite a bit, too.

And I will maintain that I mostly threw that VC game because I’d just almost fainted. So I wasn’t at my peak.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know you’ve said before you regret that game :ayaya: I regret not really looking more closely at things. Like I think in that game people were saying we should have looked more at vote counts and could have found Appel that way.

Anyway, I was just saying that the confidence in a town read on Lemon was giving me flashbacks to that game. So if anything as far as thoughts for this game, more like if you are town, then I’m worried that you won’t re-evaluate Lemon if it came down to that.

1 Like

To be clear, I’m calling being self-deprecating a tell of one’s mental state, not necessarily a wolftell. My first instinct is that it’s townie for Arctic here, and would only come from intentionally trying to mimic his towngame as wolf.

mainly because you uh aren’t supposed to talk about host communication i think

Yes, this is what drew me to the game and what still draws me and confuses me :ayaya:

I have to admit that I can’t help finding your initial posts wolfy, but at the same time I know it is hard not to look wolfy as a new player. Unless you are a really, really social person and just can easily spit out lots of words and thoughts, then people assume you are all innocence and must be town :ayaya:

So I need to jot you down as slight wolf lean just because, yet with the caveat that you are new

1 Like

Actually if Jar is a wolf, even if their partner told them about the game, they still might pretend they didn’t know it existed if they couldn’t get to it until now. The partner might even coach them on doing this as part of a general feigning of ignorance about how the game works. So I think this is generally NAI because it could just be true that as town they didn’t realize this either.

I think Eliza later clarified though that the wolf comment was for something else about not reading or not caring much

personally i feel like kanave is keeping arctic at arm’s length but idk how much this actually means about her alignment

idk i think she’s really towny so far but i’d always re-evaluate everyone if it came to that because it tends to be necessary so don’t worry about that part

2 Likes

Keeping Arctic at arm’s length? Like somehow fearing getting too much into deeper discussions with him?