Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

i kinda townread the confidence eliza had about jar being mafia but without a bigger explanation i can’t say i’m confident in that one

yeah she just says this to him and then goes with “if you’re town i think you’re overreacting” which i think is a weird way to end the sentence, like is he not overreacting if he’s mafia? it just feels dismissive of the idea of actually reading his slot

1 Like

it’s also weird in terms of perspective but i’m choosing not to read into it too deeply because this is how i tunnel villagers

you should know quite well, whysper, actually

1 Like

That’s the thing. I think sometimes people just comment on the one idea and aren’t really thinking about reading a slot. And I think that’s NAI for many people.

Maybe not for people like you and Arctic though who analyze everything. :ayaya: Since you see these things in what other people say, then at the same time if you make a comment, I’m starting to see that I should expect that you have some further reason behind the comment. I need to start looking for that type of thing more.

yeah this is why i didn’t think it meant anything for kanave’s alignment
it just stuck out to me

1 Like

Eliza, is there any way you can elaborate and give some more substance to a gutread? In general, I feel like you’ve posted small comments with little explanation beyond writing it off as a gutread and then going silent.

On the comments at the start and end of my initial post, I mostly wrote them for myself and tried to push out something with content. I’m nervous about reads because I’ve never really made reads based on anything less concrete than contradiction and a lack of participation in discussion.

VOTE: Kanave

Oh, shit. I’ve just realized we’ve got less than 12 hours until EoD. I sure do have to get real reads now.

Have you played other social deduction games in other formats?

I’m used to the app format where roles can get concrete info as part of their role, stuff like seers. Which that format kind of builds around.

Other than that, I’ve played some in-person mafia, but it was very casual and quick, so pretty similar to the app format with roles like candy.

1 Like

Hoping to eventually start building some understanding of how to play by feeling, reading agendas and other methods I’m unaware of

So how does lack of participation come into play much with the app format? Or quick in-person? I would think with the app and roles you mentioned, it was more about discussing mech contradictions. And the in-person sounds too fast and furious to really notice lack of discussion as much.

I think my trouble making reads this game so far is stemming from the fact that 1. Almost everybody is low posting and 2. Everybody is normal. My usual strategy during D1s is to provoke people into huge fights for my own entertainment betterment of reads, and unfortunately I don’t know that anybody on this playerlist is particularly susceptible to that. I just… don’t know who would be beneficial to execute when so many people just haven’t substantially talked. My treatment of low-posting and UTR slots has always been something I’ve needed to improve, but it’s especially showed these last few games.

1 Like

Plus the thing I literally just talked about where I shouldn’t even expect myself to have accurate reads at this stage I should have game-advancing reads. Shit. Fuck

Defaulting to, this person follows the crowd and says nothing was very easy and felt most consistent, because most wolves don’t dare speak much in that format because they don’t want to become the seers target. Other than that, it was usually sheeping the seer and that silent rule strategy was mostly about the app, in person it was kind of gambling because nobody wanted to be the one to start accusing and have it turned back by everyone.

2 Likes

Hey, no need to beat yourself up about performance. You’ve noticed now, and now you can take a step towards that goal.

1 Like

Arctic is town until proven otherwise, Vulgard is probably town, Lemon is probably town <— Reads I would give at first instinct.

These would mean that all of the wolves are posting in the very clear tier below those three… I can see it? Lying low is probably best in a game like this? I dunno, I’ve never played a two-wolf game, unless you count ones where a wolf was killed D1.

The issue is that killing lower posters feels very bad and not good and bad and not good etc etc et al. It doesn’t give info. We need an info execution now. I need to stop playing mafia because I have to leave the house shortly. Bye

Is anyone on this thread rn? I feel like I think best in a dialogue.

Okay, this makes sense. And it makes me feel a bit better about how you latched onto Eliza for your main read instead of others with more content.

but the reason they couldnt get to it was because they didnt know it existed
and they would know it existed if their partner told them about it

idk this is kinda entering dubious territory so maybe we shouldnt discuss this further

1 Like