Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

i’m smart enough to recognize these posts would get me wolfread. i’m not actually sure why you actually think they are wolfy for me if you think about it for more than five seconds. i had to witness a villager being suspected for godawful reasons for around 4 day phases last game and i felt a lot of second hand pain just from that. i know that i can talk myself out of dying which would be my focus here as a wolf, but i know i am not really going to be cleared unless i kill a wolf, but i’m not confident enough on the game to stake it on that

1 Like

How would you feel about voting out Jar today then?

i don’t think jar is a wolf. their reasons to suspect me today annoyed me but i think their posts yesterday are very unlikely to come from scum

And what reasons did you take that they suspect you for?

i think this has probably changed recently to be honest

Just compiled a quick personal list of thoughts to think about who to question. I should probably try to do some analysis too.

Thoughts on:

Arc - Townlean, seeming very focused on keeping discussion going and getting the game solved.
Addendum: seems worse given the frustration. Seems genuine though.

Lemon - Townlean - Very open and feels unfiltered, which comes across as towny

Vul - Very focused thoughts and it does feel like they’re trying to solve. Happy with responses to questions.

Eliza - Null, not that much to go off of, the EoD brought some content, but haven’t properly analyzed.

Whysper - Well, poisoned and generally been focused and also not sheeped when the opportunity has been there.

May - Town. Very solvy and has been pushing a lot when on. The pressure to solve and be a good townie seems genuine.

Bean - Null, Waiting on more Activity

Jar - Townlean/null, seems very blunt and somewhat unfiltered…?

Kanave - Null, Lack of content, waiting for some content.

like… they said they suspect me for posting a lot “because wolves can post a lot to try and not look suspicious”

the read is framed as though it’s trying to explain why i could be a wolf rather than why i actually am a wolf

i also think the premise itself is just fallacious… because if anyone does something that would not cause suspicion like “being villagery as fuck” you can always say a wolf would do that to not look suspicious. the logic just doesn’t really work

i don’t think they are a wolf for it, however

idk i’ve tried to clear you for a full day phase but now you’re trying to fling your neck onto the guillotine’s notch

if anything i should be getting flashbacks to pci where three of my townreads killed themselves one after the other

VOTE: Kanave

bouncing around

Actually the way that is worded and from my followup question to them, the posting a lot was the only thing countering a suspicion of you, which they didn’t explain. So they are saying that they are suspicious of you, though it is odd that a wolf would be posting a lot and not generally staying out of things, but maybe a wolf could post a lot anyway. That’s how I see the thoughts. Though Jar hasn’t come back to explain what the original suspicions are based on.

i’m sorry if this doesn’t really make sense for anyone else, but i thought it would be better to explain what’s going on rather than mope around the entire day phase for seemingly no reason.

3 Likes

well i have no idea how to engage with that if they only listed the reason to counter their scumread and… not the actual reasons to scumread me

Yes, exactly. I want them to come back to explain. Like they didn’t even quote anything from you like they did for Vulgard and Eliza at least.

Thank you for doing that and explaining your frustration. I much prefer you being honest about frustration than leaving it unknown to others to feel.

2 Likes

@beancat I would like for you to post something where you can explain some of your comments that you’ve been reluctant to type up.

BTW, if you are truly town and truly frustrated like this, then I want to say ahead of time that I’m sorry for this. And I do want to take my IC status seriously today and not lead town down the wrong path. So please do you best to continue working on things to help town. And I will do my best to evaluate what I see and not try to push something based on confbias or whatever.

2 Likes

Sorry about missing the last 30m of EOD
My dad suddenly showed up so

Anyways vul’s tone is way off

How so?

1 Like