Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

I just want some help deciding before end of day whether my push on him is completely off

Kanave (2): Nokiel, Vulgard
Jar (1): Whysper

Not Voting (7): Arctic, beancat, ElizaThePsycho, Jar, Kanave, Lemonfairy, May

Day ends 2022-12-01T04:00:00Z

@Jar This is an indirect reference to Vulgard’s confident read on Lemon, maybe others too

1 Like

Arctic’s behavior since, like, an hour from EoD yesterday is something I’ve been going back and forth on a lot, and probably my main source of confusion at the moment. It certainly feels different from the game I just played with w!Arctic, but I don’t know if it feels… townie?

Arctic has a lot of focus on himself and the reads placed on him, to the point where he said he wanted to self-vote, rather than moving forward, and, like, actually finding who he thinks the scum are, despite the fact that it’s early D2 and nothing is set in stone at this point; this is obviously antitown, but I don’t know where it’s coming from: self-centered town, a desire to shake up his wolfgames as much as possible, a reaction test, something else entirely?

I wanted to wolfread Arctic going into today, initially, because I didn’t like his EoD - it felt like he was distancing himself from the Aelin wagon - and I don’t think those reasons have been invalidated, but they’ve certainly been overshadowed by my attempt to figure out what the hell he’s doing here.

1 Like

Hmmm, I probably should go look back at Arctic during EoD. I didn’t look closely enough, but I want to check what you are talking about for your concerns. And I’ll try not to confbias myself, but that’s easier said than done. :ayaya:

1 Like

So stuff like this? Or was there something else?

The last quote isn’t in direct relation to Aelin, but just a general not knowing what to do at EoD

Those are a part of it, but these are the posts that stuck out to me the most:

In these posts, it feels like Arctic is trying to set up a misexecution after Aelin flips, while not arguing strongly enough against the Aelin wagon to actually prevent it - he doesn’t say anything about Kanave coming in late and voting him in the moment, for example. Those are the ones that immediately stood out to me as something to take into account later.

1 Like

Ahhhh okay, I see

Okay, how about this? Does the choice of poisoning me over someone like maybe you or Vulgard (or Arctic if he’s actually town) give you ideas on who might or might not be wolves?

Like I kind of feel that one of the wolves has to be between May/Vulgard/Arctic since I think any team made up of players outside those 3 would want to get rid of you 3 quickly

I know there could be the idea of wifom to make people think that and so think it has to be one of you 3, but that’s still risky to depend on that

VOTE: Arctic

I’m pretty sure one wolf has to be in May/Vulgard/Arctic. I townread May the most. Vulgard I’m getting a bit concerned about, but mostly townlean. And I’ve already stated my suspicions of Arctic.

But really, I can’t see how any team outside of them wouldn’t want to get rid of them early before they get a chance to talk too much and go over stuff together. Especially with poison delaying death.

Of course, there’s a little voice in my head saying it might be someone like Eliza or bean thinking hey watch this, let’s make Whysper an IC and she’ll tunnel the town leaders for us and get them taken out :ayaya:

Sorry for the late response, had to drive back from class.

I honestly don’t know at this point, given I’ve never played a game with poison instead of standard nightkills. I think it’d depend a lot on what the wolfteam is judging more important at the moment - the death or the clear? It reminds me a bit of the gun in Mountainado.

I think you could’ve been chosen for a lot of different reasons, so I’d have to see who’s poisoned in to draw any real conclusions from it. There aren’t any real teams I can think of that don’t benefit from poisoning you in some way or another.

TLDR nightkill WIFOM poison even more WIFOM I’m still indecisive

1 Like

While the wifom might be beneficial, I’m not convinced it outweighs the risk over simply killing the vocal players earlier.

Yeah, that’s fair.

lemon is baaaaack :blobby:

going to catch up

yeah, I wasn’t townreading Whysp that much - I don’t think anyone was
it’s kind of nice to have them alive to talk to though