Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

should be fairly easy to find if you just scroll up a bit

Jar’s entire convo with Whysp looks really pure tbh tbh

I don’t think it’s an RT, of all things
the emotion I saw from Arctic feels genuine

I do think that Arctic is still overall town because later on they did also poke at a couple of things (like on kanave)
also think the way they’re treating jar is a good look, regardless of jar’s alignment

ok all caught up

Whysper :wowee:

Vul
May
Arctic
Eliza

Nokiel
Jar

bean
Kanave

discourse's message to lemon

Rather than several replies to a topic in a row, please consider a single reply that includes quotes from previous posts or @name references.

You can edit your previous reply to add a quote by highlighting text and selecting the quote reply button that appears.

It’s easier for everyone to read topics that have fewer in-depth replies versus lots of small, individual replies.
:wowee:

1. I don’t have any solid conclusions at this point, but I don’t think it’s a guarantee that they’re all villagers, especially given how my Aelin case kinda… hung around? I was pretty committed to it because I was scumreading Aelin’s response throughout the day, and I also wanted to flip someone who’d been talked about a lot, but I don’t know about everyone else.

It’s hard for me to analyze, because I obviously thought I had a good case, otherwise I wouldn’t have made it (guy who makes bad cases on purpose all the time [THIS ONE I BELIEVED]), but I don’t know whether it was objectively convincing or whether some of you are evil evil mafia liars.

1. On this votecount, I think it heavily depends on the alignment of Beancat and Arctic - if these were V/V, there were basically no bad answers for them, except maybe hopping on Aelin last-minute? That would draw unnecessary attention.

If there’s a wolf being voted, obviously that changes, and I think the last-minute Aelin votes (so you and Eliza) would be more suspect, as would Jar’s lack of a vote.

1. Okay I’m going to break the spirit of the question here and give two different worlds. Either beancat/Arctic contains a wolf, and therefore someone like you, Eliza, or Jar would be suspect, or beancat/Arctic does not contain a wolf, in which case I’d look at Nokiel and Kanave, placing pretty ineffective votes because they don’t care who dies.

2. My reads before this activity were floating in the air like the balloons so it’s not as if they don’t match. I still think Arctic’s alignment teaches us a decent amount about the game, I still think there’s a lot going on and a lot of conditionals I haven’t quite figured out, that sort of thing. Average May D2.

1 Like

Not sure of ranks within the groups, but generally correct readswise, yeah.

1 Like

Ok, gimme a minute.

1. do you think all wagons are v or no? why?

I’m still unsure about Bean, but less sure than at the VC. I think it’s not unlikely that all wagons were villagers

1. where are wolves most likely to be on this VC?

I agree that the sudden amount of votes on Aelin at EoD was a bit suspicious. I think it’s not weird for wolves to just hop on the wagon being discussed at that moment, that time being Aelin’s.

1. name 2 people who you think are wolves based on previous answer

I’m unsure. I feel like I can’t find a pairing where interactions are odd (haven’t looked at the thread with this perspective yet).

1. does answer to previous question match up to you reads before this activity? why or why not?

If about 3 and 2, no, I’m struggling to piece together something I believe in.
Before and after as in reads after this and my list of slots before and reads on them feel.
I think it’s biased from what I’ve been reading and having been pressured by them before, but I still find Vul a bit uncomfortable, but can’t elaborate on how, hence why I think it’s rooted in bias.

1 Like

Ah, I barely answered Q2. I do think wolves would likely be on Aelin, but it feels incongruous with my thoughts on the voters. I think May is town, I think my suspicion on Vul isn’t valid, I think you have seemed towny and Eliza is someone I feel like I’ve focused on more out of not understanding how they play than something concrete

1 Like

this entire post is super hedgy, and kinda incongruent with itself. Like it answers the questions without actually taking a real poisition on any of them

I’m worried about taking a position right now, because I feel like my thoughts don’t give me enough material to make any decisions about people. I have some townreads and leans, but I’m mostly unsure who I scumread. I don’t want to scumread someone unless I’m sure of my read and actually believe it.

nah i just kinda wolfread both of them but kanave is the one not playing so a vote on them will presumably achieve more until it’s eod

i see why you would say that and i think it’s a towny observation

kanave’s content is not good
it’s just statements like this one, she isn’t solving at all

“is that ai” yes it is, i’ve seen her actually do things as town

on a wagon or not voting

1 Like

elaborate

could just be poor wording but “not unlikely that all wagons were villagers” is just dodging the question, they’re not taking a hard stance at all.

and here again, they don’t actually take a stance on anything, they’re just trying to answer the questions without doing anything that could get them pegged as a wolf

so i take it you think they’re mafia?

who do you think their partner would be if so

1 Like

I’d def lean that way; its possible to read them as a towny who is really lacking confidence but at this point i’d rather them actually make a position, if they have thoughts why wouldn’t they be sharing them

fwiw i agree with this read but i also don’t like the way you’re making it and the way you’ve been playing in general

any thoughts on other players?

1 Like

what made you think i was a wolf in the first place because again this looks like you are trying to justify why i could be a wolf rather than why i actually am a wolf

ftr my poe coming into today was whysper/beancat/nokiel/kanave

i don’t… really think this has changed so i relate to may’s post that the aelin flip really did not give any clarity on the game, except for arguably if beancat is a wolf because of that one post they made at eod

nokiel’s posting is sensible/reasonable and that kind of biases me into not wanting to kill them because they’re one of the few people who isn’t treating my slot like shit, but the reality is they haven’t actually done anything that’s pinged as villagery when a bunch of other people have so they are still in my poe

i’m going to look at these players again to see if this is wrong but i am genuinely going to be surprised if i get anything useful out of the barren wasteland that is the collective posts of beancat and kanave

2 Likes

my main issue with nokiel’s posting is that they are consistently doing the “could be town, could be mafia” thing which is level 1 wolfy

1 Like