Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

It’s the fact that this is an invitational. I know that’s it. That’s my problem. I didn’t feel like I deserved the invitation when I got it, and I let that impostor syndrome eat away at me until it affected my play.

And that’s enough broken rules for me! We’re done here! No more introspection I’m going to play the gmae now.

I’m calling pushing Vulgard/Eliza a “reaction test” in the way that I call everything I do a reaction test. I made a case to see what happened, who jumped on it, and re-evaluate from there. I just… decided that because everything didn’t go perfectly as I wanted it, I had failed to do that.

Using a computer

to be fair i’ve actually found that recent invitationals on this site have had a quality of play worse than the average game and i think it’s probably due to the fact that people don’t want to turn down the game despite having little to no interest in playing (beancat, kanave, maybe eliza) so they join and then put the bare minimum of effort in

similar thing happened in the players’ choice invitational with players like squirrel, sulit and ranta

so uh if you’re town then you don’t really need to feel bad here
this might sound harsh but i think there are others who should feel worse

I don’t actually feel like this is all that towny, especially not as towny as Lemonfairy said it was, but I might be missing something.

yeah i don’t really know why lemon decided kanave and nokiel were both town at eod

mostly nokiel because she last had them in the second bottom tier of her reads

Lemonfairy is likely not with Kanave (overall treatemnt looks unpartnered), May is likely not with Nokiel (same here). Can bring up quotes if you want to know why I think this.

yes i would like to see the quotes because no offence but i don’t really trust your association reads after the sorc17 on this site where you literally had the entirety of the wolfteam unaligned with each other

I kinda think it’s wolfy but I’m trying to be conscious of my biases.

Anyway with all that wallowing done:

Last game I played where I pushed a wolfteam consisting of w!Vulgard and a villager, he did something very particular. He argued with me, but not directly, because he didn’t want me to break out of my tunnel on Brad, who was a villager. He made it clear he thought I was wrong.

At the time, I thought that it was because he was trying to invoke my decision paralysis and get me off of Brad, but it wasn’t. It was because he knew I was voting the wrong person, and that TMI came across in the way he argued. I think he’s doing that again.

He said my post suspecting Nokiel was “arguably the wolfiest post in the game”. That is something that someone who’s a wolf with Lemon would say - someone who would see that post and go “this is great, this is easy, May’s making our argument for us, she’s going to lose town the game”.

what is the advantage of doing this over just doing nothing

Kanave’s at the bottom here.

She proceeds to hyperanalyze Kanave’s slot and pair her with other people.

Notes that people have stopped caring and actually extends an olive branch to Kanave, trying to save her. Kanave was Lemon’s top wolfread before then, by the way.

I think this is too on the nose to be W/W, but maybe I’m underestimating Lemon? She blatantly goes against Kanave being her top wolfread and opens the option of voting together elsewhere.

Like, this part looks genuine. I don’t feel like she’s saving, at least knowingly. And wolf!Lemonfairy… probably doesn’t care here? She left her vote on Kanave day 2, left and did not come back for EoD. The next day, she blatantly tries to save Kanave?

That didn’t answer my question.

I was asking about your process of writing, not what you write on.

I don’t fuckin know, but he does it.

This is all from GOAT^2. He was engaging me like I was a villager who was wrong, because he knew I was a villager who was wrong.

Like, are you just posting off the top of your head or actually trying to think and deleting stuff and re-typing it and going crazy?

Funny story! Usually I just type off the top of my head, but right before I typed the “wish I was a wolf” post, I had this huge wall of text up about how my play was bad and I was bad at the game, which I judged too self-deprecating and deleted.

May’s posts about Nokiel are kind of whatever before this, but.

There is absolutely no way this is W/W. Ever.

Other than that, you’ve been typing off the top of your head this game, right?

Largely, yes.

Is there a world where it’s Lemon and Kanave?