Popcorn - Turboer Edition (Mafia wins)

I have REAL THOUGHTS that I can PUT ON THE PAGE

I’m gonna read tutuu’s iso and wolfcase YBW from there

Okay so one of the distinctions I make a lot doing partnership reads is the “talking about/talking to” distinction. This is very ismple but I’m watching the Mario video so I feel the incessant urge to explain every definition of a word I use because it’s fun. There are two modes of interacting with a player in a mafia game: talking about that player to others (not addressing them directly), and talking to a player, either questioning them to find their alignment, talking about others’ alignments, or just straight-up shitposting. Okay so there’s four ways to interact. Talking about somebody, questioning somebody, talking to somebody about others, and talking to someboyd aobut nothing. This isn’t even relevant htat’s not relevant.

Anyway. Tutuu talks about villagers soooo soosoosososo much. She talks about me, she talks about Bionic, she talks about Magnus. However, when interacting with YBW, there’s a distinct difference! Because she only talks to YBW, never even attempting to find YBW’s alignment, only calling One Thing NAI and otherwise discussing stuff with her.

I think the reason for this is super easysimple: YBW was generally townread, so any kind of talking about YBW if you expect to flip W soon is Bad. If you wolfread YBW, you bring doubt into that collective consensus townread that can’t be undone, even if people learn you were coming there from bad faith. It still causes people to question themselves before your flip, and that questioning will stikc. If you hard defend YBW, people will see your flip and pair the two of you! Both bad. Talking to your partner creates the illusion of interaction and treatment without actually having to do anything. Wolf strategy. It sucks don’t do it I’ll wolfread you for it, but tutuu is polarised and can’t post so tutuu does it

All of those posts are replies to YBW by the way. Tutuu repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly talks to YBW. About everything. About all kinds of reads. Way more than anybody else on the playerlist. It gives YBW opportunities to appear townier, either by explaining her thoughts out in response to a question (looks great) or by shutting tutuu down and wolfreading them for the postings (gives you cred when tutuu flips, as looked inevitable as the time, and as was proven by time to be inevitable)

God this is awesome I KNOW WHO THE WOLF IS I KNOW WHO IT IS

F3s are so based I love F3s now. Never make me decide again

May are you nervous rn

1 Like

Bc I gotta say it really reads like u ARENT so good job stepping up ur wolf gameplay on that part

1 Like

I think I want a towncase? Gonna take notes on things tonight and see where that leads me.

1 Like

Got it, ill cook that up then go to bed. If u want more from me lmk tomorrow

1 Like

A buuunch of YBW’s early posting related to why she would give Eliza the gun - I townread this at first but in hindsight it’s pretty clearly leveraging actual wolf considerations (as to why YBW and tutuu chose to give Eliza the gun, even if it’s not the real logic they chose) in order to look like a higher depth of thought early on

Like may u ARE good at wolfing no wonder u get misexed bc I keep reading ur posts and thinking “damn thats such a towny post” while also having at the front of my mind that ur a wolf. It’s weird

1 Like

You can tell I’m not. Because I’m not a wolf. Bitch

Person who’s realised I’m not going to be easy to misexe above

This turnaround is super agendapilled

This should’ve been a red flag for me early on but I didn’t catch it!!! This is a super cheap and easy way to look unpaired with tutuu: I was clearly joking, this is the exact same running joke phrase that other people have used to describe tutuu, she played super well in Serpent and the Swordsman and not poorly in the other wolfgames (was mostly PoEd IIRC? Especially in Baldur’s) and their last wolfgame win was public info

Going right off the bat and responding to a joke about your partner like “ummm actually tutuu is good at wolfing” betrays a heightened level of awareness of them!!! It tries to look unpartnered but doesn’t actually regress wolf wincon in the same concrete way that say TRYING TO GET YOUR PARTNER SHOT would. Tutuu never wolfreads YBW because tutuu never even reads YBW at all

This is super nitpicky bullshit but look I have a confirmed wolf so I’m going to find EVERYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY BE A TELL

I’m not going to ask you what I want because I get to say whatever I want. Ultimately I find F3s post-crossvote (or at all in popcorn) to not be super super alignment indicative? Because if somebody is defending themselves, they have the same motives, town or wolf. If somebody is naturally polarised then it can come out in a F3 - being more nervous as wolf, whatever - but the things they want to say are gonna be the same. Town and wolf have the same wincon: survive

So insofar as I have the ability ot indicate my alignment here it’s not going to be through actual content really, YBW and I both have the exact same motivations to wolfcase exactly each other. I can only show myself town through. Well 1. post history, before it was F3 wolves had a different agenda than I did (survive, rather than find the wolf) and 2. making my general town mindset and lack of nervousness very very very clear

You can make all the towncases you want but ultimately a player of a given skill level is gonna have the same ability and motive to try to convince you they’re town regardless of their alignment