Purgatory - Town Win!

Ahhh, my dear friend, I will be honest, I find it hard to finish reading the rest of your post as I am stuck re-reading this paragraph over and over. I am in bed right now, on my phone, and I just spent 5 minutes wiggling like a worm from happyness at your wonderful compliment. I appreciate you!

Saying I’m my “usual serious, analytical self” at this point in time feels pretty…premature? All I’ve posted before this (except for my Cait TR in #193) were pretty much NAI. I don’t get where the confidence to make this read comes from.

No it’s not lol it’s not a skill issue on my part to point out things I find concerning. Your entire case on Luka ignores that Luka has done towny things. Instead what you do is focus on wolfy things than draw a town conclusion.

This reads to me as concerning because you are (potentially) displaying TMI in drawing a town read out of what amounts to heavy shade.

The intent of the post if you are wolf is to draw shade to a town Luka while protecting yourself. What you’ve done in this paradoxical read is subconsciously created doubt in the mind of town. They are now gonna continuously think about how Luka has done these wolfy things instead of how he’s done towny things which you completely ignore in your case.

If you are town than you are attempting to explain a read that I largely think is correct but you’re doing it in a way that I simply do not see town motivation for other than “I need to explain this read”

When I compare these thoughts my conclusion is oh this is wolfy it makes no sense.

The read is only exasperated by this post at me. You have shaded me twice in this post which again creates a subconscious thought where in town will be more likely to ignore my thought process because they are now thinking “oh Abbi isn’t reading posts” or “Abbi has skill issue”

It’s actually a very effective wolf strategy to plant these seeds of doubt.

VOTE: Psy

Me being the low is a SIN

1 Like

Hot.

There are differences in my town and scum games that I think Mac had the best explanation for

But Lily also constantly tells me my wolf range is immense.

1 Like

I don’t agree though

I think it’s pretty small

I mean that’s not ever how I’ve acted in a post game.

If your town than I am wrong. But I’m not wrong because I have skill issue.

The problem continues to be that your whole interpretation boils down to

I town read Luka last game for doing towny things and he was wolf so now I must town read him this game for doing wolfy things.

And I have a few problems with that.

Part of which is Luka wasn’t actually that towny last game which is why I tried to bus him lol.

Mmm common ground is fun I agree

I should probably explain my reads. My initial reaction was not to, as I seem to be consensus town now, and I figured people wouldn’t question me, so I thought I could get away with being lazy. However, if they happen to be quite wrong, it would be bad for me and the rest of my Townie teammates in a hypotethical end game scenario. So, purely to avoid myself potentially getting mischopped later on:

Luka - I trust his emotion, and I don’t think Mafia Merpy is the type of player to agree to go for that route with Mafia Luka. I had a mild townread on him earlier too, him being unaware of his vote; voting me while top townreading me.

Merpy - I trust her emotion. And I trust her derps about the setup earlier on. MerpyDerpy, indeed!

Caitlin - I will be honest. I don’t remember exactly what I townread her off of. Generally I have a photographic memory when it comes to what others say, but I constantly forget what I say or think myself. Let me think. There was … one post I liked, right, which I was accused of having TMI for. There was one more thing. Ah, right! The timestamp thingy! Yeah, I do like timestamps.

Psyx - I found her response satisfactory to my question of Mafia nightkilling.

Abigail - I have a gut feeling her reads are >rand accurate this game regardless of her alignment. (>rand means greater than random chance! Similar to 50/50, except the chance to be town isn’t 50%, it is more, thus, rand is the replacement word!). For those who don’t know Abi - she quite enjoys bussing, so be aware of that!

Doleful - Great job on picking up things so fast in your first Forum Mafia game, my dear friend! I’m afraid I am paranoid of you, though, due to lack of prior experience with you. How could I know how devilish you can be?

Ritsu - I’m afraid I am paranoid of you, my dear friend, due to lack of prior experience with you. How could I know how devilish you can be? Your tone and posts look clean … squeaky clean, to me. How come you aren’t doing or saying anything even remotely scummy? I find it that most Townies are no Saints, we all Sin … are you not a Sinner too, my wonderful friend?

Guava - My dear friend Guava here tried to kill me and my entire towncore earlier. Tch tch tch. Bad guava…

1 Like

I suppose another problem I have that I forgot to write down is that while you are shading me you are talking to me as if you know i’m town.

It’s not “you have an agenda” instead it’s “you have skill issue”

At no point does it feel like you’ve ever been wary that my push on you might be wolf motivated.

And as you know, my dear Abigail, I am a sinner. :smiling_imp:

Hot.

1 Like

You were a wolf, I was town. My POV of that game would be very different from yours -_-

Mmm bussing for that sweet sweet town cred.

Delicious.

1 Like

Except you now have the same info that I had as you now know everyone’s alignment. And I was not the only one who thought Luka was pretty scummy several players in uninformed spec chat caught him.

1 Like

I was in the middle of writing my thoughts about you when you started pushing me

(I think the way you treated Luka vs Merpy was way different from the way you treated Psyx vs Windward)

1 Like

How so and why is that towny?

1 Like

It feels like you’re more invested here and actively trying to defuse a T v T situation (#607, #611, #626, #649 and #658) compared to the perfunctory way you said “my townreads are thunderdoming each other, plz stop” in that game.

1 Like