Purgatory - Town Win!

Jesus Christ Tutuu you’ve liked 50 of my posts lol

1 Like

I will say that if you’re really town then you should at least wait until I post a readlist instead of deathtunneling me from the get-go, because I get distracted from reading the thread and making reads.

1 Like

Is it possible for you to quote or link posts from that game and this game side by side?

1 Like

Death tunneling is… unfortunately a thing I deeply struggle with and am working on

I’ll give you space for now if it helps.

UNVOTE

2 Likes

I’m trying to read this with a more clear head.

I am fully aware that the insinuation that I have skill issue for being concerned about this is also clouding my judgement.

@tutuu help.

What do you see.

1 Like

I need to have my conclusion in like an hour or 2 so I can sleep and I will miss EoD

So…I need to make decisions now which is also why i’m doing this.

1 Like

I still townread Psyx due to my earlier reason and I haven’t read into these new stuff too much. I’m afraid I am similar to you in this regard, my friend, in that when I make up my mind that I shall be doing something, the only way of me to stop doing it is if I decide to myself. External circumstances would have to be quite impactful to make me sway.

10 4

I’ll go back here than and trust the masonry for now

VOTE: Guava

1 Like

@Luka May I convince you that Merpy is town, my dear friend? She perceives your aggressive push on her as negative / rude. You made accusations, that, were she a wolf, she would be shaking. However, she is not navigating your points through an analytical lens - she is doing so via an emotional lens. Merpy is a very analytical person. Thus, I am concluding that it is highly unlikely for her to switch to South Paw stance when Wolf here. I find it more likely that she is Town, and as such, is more likely to take accusations more personally than Mafia members do. Such is the vice of all of us wonderful Mafia players!

1 Like

@MerpyDerpy May I convince you that Luka is town, my wonderful Derpy? Generally speaking, players in Mafia games get more emotional than they would prefer only when they perceive unfair treatment. This comes from getting scumread, or accussed of stuff, broadly speaking. I’m also a firm believer that Towning is more emotionally charged than Wolfing. Luka, as wolf, has engaged in a wolf theatre of similar nature, as the thing between you two, with a fellow wolf before. However, should you be town, you should know that this isn’t the case. So, what you have to decide is: which one of the following two is statistically more likely?

1. Luka is Mafia, and he decided to aggressively try to mischop someone that he knows is Town so much that things ended up emotional, heated, and unpleasant for both of you

2. Luka is Town, unaware of alignments, scared and paranoid that anyone could be a Wolf, trying to parse the game while enduring the stress of the unknown

And the reason why I said “statistically” earlier, is because I don’t believe emotion and logic are two different things necessarily, I believe they can be quite intertwined!

1 Like

Extraordinarily towny posts by tutuu.

To elaborate on this read further: generally speaking, mediating can be determined to be Town or Wolf motivated depending on severity, or in other words, effort, or, genuineness. An example of a wolf motivated mediation would be what Abigail allegedly did last game - “Oh nyo, stop fighting guyz, plz! >.<”. It sends a virtue signal without actually stopping the problem. If one were to decide tutuu’s effort at mediating between Luka and Merpy as sufficient, logically speaking, I believe one should decide tutuu is therefore Town for it.

Abbi, did you forget that I was the townie who directly caused wolves to win in Strat15? That I thought Luka was towny enough that I voted Arctic in F3?

So yes, my read boils down to “I town read Luka last game for doing towny things and he was wolf so now I must town read him this game for doing wolfy things”.

I do not want a repeat of that game so I will not look at Luka “doing towny things” and simply conclude that he’s town from it. I’ll read him based on other things — which in this case is him doing a 180 (for no good reason). Naïve? Maybe. But considering you ended at the same conclusion I did, I’d say my approach isn’t wrong.

1 Like

…how/why is Tutuu liking my posts as soon as I post them?

1 Like

A fun parallel of this can be Twitter, or the Internet as a whole. We have all been witnesses of people half-assedly, lethargically, saying “The Right Thing” - meaning, they were aware that this will get them “townreads”, but they have no solutions to the actual problems, nor they have the energy to Do Stuff about it, they just desire the “towncred” of being virtuous!

I enjoy reading them very much, my wonderful friend!

Tutuu stop pocketing everyone…

That’s my job

2 Likes

Could you rank/make a read on everyone’s reactions to Luka vs Merpy?

1 Like

Didn’t mean to steal your spotlight, my dear Abigail, I was just holding the line while you were taking your well-deserved rest! I appreciate you very much, please, keep up the good work!

I could, but I’d rather not, sorry! I don’t intend to disparage your idea, my wonderful friend, and I hope you don’t take it as such! I simply don’t believe in the fruits of that labor!