Queue Discussion Thread

hydras in non hydra games are great wym

they’re just harder to read and have twice the arguing power of a normal slot imo.

and they have to mark their posts to differentiate them, which can be annoying

1 Like

and if you want to be active as a hydra, why not just join normally?

1 Like

Only time i dont mind hydras too bad is if very popular game is full and a hydra or 2 lets people in who really want to

When signups are 3/17 and 2 ppl come in wanting to hydra they should be permabanned

2 Likes

There’s this cool tip called “not signing up for games with slots you don’t want to play with” which can be utilised through some kind of killing magic

3 Likes

Not saying you cannot be annoyed I just think once you’re in the game you gotta be better than just policy pushing them

2 Likes

but that just cuts down games i can join beacuse of 1 slot :crying_cat_face:

and I’ve seen hydras join at 1 seat remaining, giving no choice to do that if i wanted

1 Like

I think policy pushing hydras every game is near equivalent to policy pushing the same person every game, if it’s not based on in-game reasoning it makes the game less pleasant for every single person involved, much more so than I find playing with a hydra usually does

2 Likes

Cause it’s, like, not something you can argue against objectively, and it’s not something you can interact with if you don’t agree with the policy push. It’s a non-game-object in terms of actually building any reads. It’s equivalent to zeroposting

1 Like

Cause it’s purely NAI for the person pushing the policy and it’s purely NAI for the person being policied. It just makes somebody’s experience worse with no benefit beyond tangential knock-on reactions you can get off of any push. It sucks

1 Like

Hydras aren’t that bad to play against. “Arguing power” isn’t real, it’s still one slot with one unified chance of being scum, the structure means that if one person is in the hydra is polarised/scumtells then both players are on the hook, hydras tend to be better town players because they have somebody to check their reads. I don’t think “the presence of one hydra in a game” is a huge boon for either faction regardless of its alignment, and I think if it is then skill issue

2 Likes

IMO the worst of it is playing against a town hydra as wolf ‘cause they’re harder to shake from their positions and they have an easier time clearing themselves though hydra conversations

2 Likes

It’s fine to find it kinda annoying, I find that non-hydra-designed games with more than one hydra tend to get postcount issues, but playing with somebody who blindly policy pushes hydras every game is much much more unpleasant than playing with hydras IME

1 Like

Not in the least because they upset the people in the hydras because the hydras want to play the game and then everybody’s upset and the thread is tense and miserable

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people townread me before for those kinds of pushes as town, it’s just hard to keep it up as mafia. And it’s also just plain fun, pushing people is fun, i want hydras out d1, it will progress my town game and get rid of a slot in a less important day instead of doing it later on, it also creates associations from reactions, d1 execute is the least coordinated one.

oh lord there’s 4 new messages while i was typing :face_with_spiral_eyes:

It is not fun for the people you are pushing

2 Likes

it is not fun for me that they are playing a hydra, so i make it fun

1 Like

I haven’t slept I’m not worth arguing with at the moment so don’t feel you gotta into an argument with me cause I’m not in my right mind right now I just don’t particularly have skill to filter my thoughts

3 Likes

it’s all good I’ll stop it too