SFoL 70: Last Stand of the Virtous IV - DRAW AND HEADHUNTER WIN

you can argue neutral utility but in my personal opinion if you lived a while, 3kp on poe slots is worth a flavor-solvable deathmill
but i do understand that it feels random and that its probably not physically the best design

Convert me to unseen king last second if you want I don’t care but putting me with the evil team and then trolling me by saying I lose because I lived too good is just a fucking joke

I would call myself fairly objective.

Of course a Mage versus an Unseen ends in a good victory, because they’re just a random evil-siding neutral that nobody cares about. However, a faction member like the King shouldn’t be equated as a mere evil neutral role, especially not one that has as many disadvantages as it does.

2 Likes

I agree.

In my heart you won.

I think you should have it like a Neutral Win tbh.
You did great solo wise.

1 Like

Give me an ability that just says “I die in the place of the first BD member” and it’d have been 10x more useful than living

to be fair

the number of times a town-aligned FoLer has claimed nontown while in a private chat with another player as a reaction test

is uh

non-zero

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone would argue if a random mage lost in that kind of scenario they’re not scum they’re just helping scum the issue is I am evil, I am a member of the mafia. But I don’t actually exist I’m just there to be a +1 but I do nothing valuable and I may as well just not be there as far as evils are concerned.

It’s the role most suited to deepwolfing but deepwolfing actively loses you the game it’s amazing

Can we make Jarek

This and then say he won as this.

I don’t want to win I just don’t think outright losing is at all fair as I keep saying

Yeah Draw is better tbh

I wasn’t sure what the flavour source was. I don’t remember the specifics, but I don’t think that character existed in the BOTF game and if you’ve written a book somewhere, I haven’t read it.

For the main thing, I had no idea what “bad thing” meant, and the “if enough Dreamers choose them” inspired me to choose as many players as possible, in case some mild effect targets them. Had I known the abilities were randomised killing powers going out between those players, I would’ve wanted to choose as few players as possible to ensure predictable results.

Imagine if the wolf had randomly received the gun to shoot a villager instead.

1 Like

I’m getting off this site page again, goodbye for a bit again guys yo!

1 Like

there’s a game called untrusted that has these kinds of neutrals where they are considered neutral for faction checking and the like but have win conditions that are explicitly not neutral

like, one role is a neutral and it’s win condition is “town must lose and you can’t die in the process” the only thing neutral about that is that you’re just a wolf that doesn’t want to die

(If the ability was designed so that only a villager could gain the gun and only a wolf could be targeted, that ability is way stronger than a regular gun giver that I’m fine with it in hindsight.)

1 Like

for whatever it’s worth, theoretically (going based on the OP + classcards, not Eliza’s day 1 ruling) a draw seems like probably the most fair outcome here, but I’m pretty sure that continuing to press the point is not actually helping your case

1 Like

the flavor source was that your deathmilled flip’s flavor said that they possess people without their memory or knowledge
but yeah point taken that it required solving the ability which wasnt necessarily something that i shouldve relied on happening

1 Like

It’s approaching 7 in the morning

1 Like

Jarek, please get some sleep

may isn’t it almost 2 am where you are

It’s hard to explain what it feels like to be so strongly driven by something that you can’t sleep but that’s where I’m at