SFoL 70: Last Stand of the Virtuous IV - Night 2 (13/19)

I used to wallpost a ton as town, but I slowly fell off it as I’ve deteriorated as a player. When I first randed scum, I was very very good at convincingly faking wallposts, but struggled to sound casual in thread, and also still kind of conceptualised myself as a wallposty player even though that was no longer true, so people took it as a scumtell of mine to make long posts. I, obviously, noticed this, and proceeded to have 3 consecutive scumgames where I leaned extremely hard on being a pathetic little polarised kitten posting one-liners and being obviously town for not putting in effort. This worked. I doubt it will continue working

1 Like

This is true

you say this like you havent wallposted the two games ago

3 Likes

Lmao

Lock town

1 Like

Under Abella? That was explicitly me trying to play different under a different name and it worked but for some reason cannot bring myself to keep doing that here

1 Like

I think because I’m good at motivating myself to make good first impressions, but when I have the feeling that hte majority of people already have their idea of how I play set in stone, I find it hard to push myself to look impressive. Because I think people are already unimpressed, and that one good game will not change that.

1 Like

Game was so sad because I was a neutral but helping you would be throwing

If they pull out the RNG generator I will smh my head.

Senex moment
(Wtf was senex again)

You better start that then, because i feel like itll happen now that they said it

I had a 50% chance of having the town wincon and 50% chance of being a “ensure town loses” neut

According to Wikipedia, a Jungian archetype describing a wise old man.

1 Like

Righttt
The neutral that wasn’t a neutral

If it makes you feel better, I was told that I was a good town player because I played as though I was a spectator who only commented when town was fucking up and that’s why I am considered scary and good town, and I disliked that interpretation of my play style, and then decided to lean into it even more this game. Play into the perceptions and see what happens.

2 Likes

I think it’s also that I kind of feel more pressure to be right under my own name? And so I’m too scared to make the exploratory, experimental pushes that tend to be what actually gives me the information to be correct. Mafia is a game about being wrong and dying.

Playing into the perceptions literally just means having a mental breakdown in thread and doing nothing I think

1 Like

I am aware of the levels of wifom, but I simply ignore it in favor of playing like a gremlin and nya’ing

Some of you may die, but this is a sacrifice I’m willing to make may.

4 Likes

Please tell me im not the only one who had a stroke at this sentence