Singers FM - Day 4 [10/20] - Thread 2 - Game Over (Mafia Wins)

Uh
Ask them

@Daeron

O
Yeah sorry

If anything I think town having 3-4 bombs that they can pass around like pass the parcel as well as numerous BPV’s meant that if we as wolves didn’t play well we’d just get PoE’d and bombed in an ideal town scenario

1 Like

you kept bringing up that town was powerful because it had so much kp
but I actually think that makes town weak

Coming from MU, it’s expected for KP to shoot into PoE to clear it, but that doesn’t always happen. It feels horrible to lose a game because 1 person with a powerful town role misplayed, because you aren’t at fault, you had no control over their actions, not to mention, they couldn’t claim their actions.

The bomb concept was interesting, but I feel like it wasn’t executed well, because there was no incentive to pass the bomb around (which was a misplay). I imagine the role was designed for everyone to pass the bomb around, and then finally end on 1 person, who can’t pass it, but that didn’t happen here.

1 Like

I believe a shrug change happened that got rid of that dynamic that I let past due to my own failures
Town kp is less equivalently good than scum kp in general yeah, but it’s decidedly still protown unless scum is already winning hard

That’s why town has a kp lead by I think 2 kills?

i’m saying that’s a bad thing because it takes agency away from players. I have played many mashes where VTs have to work extra hard because a town KP is constantly misplaying, and it feels awful

1 Like

In a mash, it isn’t even that large of a deal because there are tens or hundreds of players. Here, if a town KP mislays you lose ALOT of value

I suppose it takes away agency but I would also raise that low kp is bad for game health due to mafia being really time intensive
That’s a personal bias of mine but
High kp games keep the game from entering the dark times of lasting like a month

Agency is a player feel thing which is why I feel like it’s relevant tbc

Making the KP not being able to claim incentives hero shots.

I prefer games that are longer with less KP tbh, I like role intensives setups but my favorite setup is 5x5 Matrix

If people really value high agency games even if they are very likely to last into d6-d7 on average then I’ll take it into account

Regarding hero shot incentives I’m not sure?
I haven’t run into that being a problem outside of theoretical discussion

i mean it happened here lol

You are...

Nicki Minaj

Genre: Hip hop

“Wo-wo-worship the queen and you might could pass
Keep it real, these bitches couldn’t wipe my ass”

You instead become :crown: Queen :crown: of Hip hop, granting you a public extra vote (disabled in lylo/mylo) upon being crowned but none of the other effects.

Melody: Chun-Li

“Ayo, I been north, Lara been Croft
Plates say Chun-Li, drop the Benz off”

You have access to puppet account Lara Croft. Chun-Li has two stances: normal and serenity stream.

Interlude: Not a Little Girl (Chun-Li’s Theme)

Music intensifies

During the day, you may challenge three players anonymously (kind of, it’s going to be sussed that Chun-Li flavored moves is Nicki Minaj quickly) to a fight. Nicki can only perform three moves total per day and one move per player. Challenged players are aware of your moves and their effects.

Tensho Kicks - wins heavily against Jump, wins against Block, loses to Strike
Lightning Kicks - wins heavily against Block, wins against Strike, loses to Jump
Spinning Bird Kick - wins heavily against Strike, wins against Jump, loses to Block

Losing to Tensho Kicks - melody is disabled for today and tonight
Losing to Lightning Kicks - interlude is disabled for today
Losing to Spinning Bird Kick - chorus is disabled for tonight

Losing heavily makes these effects permenant. Obtaining five points of damage (one for losing normally, two for losing heavily) causes a player to die. Nicki cannot accrue points from losing.

Chorus: Serenity Stream

“Designer thigh highs, it’s my lifestyle”

Enter or exit Serenity Stream. Serenity Stream doubles the amount of damage moves do, but doesn’t apply their debuffs.

Defeat all threats to the Town.

People tend to just hero shot if they’re going to hero shot
And they tend not to when they aren’t that type of person

1 Like

ok you overhyped this role ngl

Was that really the deciding factor
I struggle with that

It’s so counterintuitive

I do wonder if the anticlaim built in to Catbae’s card disincentivess them from talking and coordinating in the hood.

It could have just been a player thing