Starcraft Overhaul FM - GAME OVER (Mafia Victory)

It’s like pulling a claim that makes absolutely no sense out of your ass any other social deduction game.

Like when the prince isn’t outed yet in throne of lies so you claim prince as a last ditch effort to get the sheriff check on you off

which i’ve done. Several times.

I mean when you’re in a situation like that you might as well.

1 Like

I’ll remember that for the future games we’re in together.

The more unpredictable you are compared to what people expect you to claim the more likely they are to unvote you and re-assess the situation or just straight up believe you, nobody is going to believe a random “bg” claim but they’re not gonna instantly jump on a vote for a transporter claim for example ;)

To be fair the logic is probably different but when people have like, 2 minutes of a day phase to figure out what you just told them, you know. It works.

1 Like

It works way too well. Honestly. “I’m Jailor you die now” when I have zero proof I was ever a jailor in coven all any games and people just believe me. Hilarious.

1 Like

I can confirm that people play Town of Salem to click buttons, not to socially deduce alignments.

1 Like

The more comfortable with the game I am the more likely I am to understand the mechanics and what is and isn’t a meta, as I’ve said, the more against the meta you are the more likely you are to avoid getting killed for meta reasons

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m that comfortable with forum mafia yet but maybe I am. I am a quick learner

2 Likes

I have only been metaread as Town, I think.
I noticed the people who really tend to scumread me early are the players who don’t really know me yet.

1 Like

A good rule of thumb is always the more complicated the claim is the more believable it’ll be

“I’m knight
n1 - def 1” gets killed every time

an oberver claim with absolute shit thrown in your will but it’s shit that is impossible to verify gets left alive because “oh it’s an observer”

2 Likes

evil would never fake claim observer!!!

1 Like

I dunno I’ve never really scumread you ever even before I knew you so I don’t count :stuck_out_tongue:

I know this is hella off-topic but before throne of lies died I was insane enough to start fake-claiming MYSTIC

2 Likes

What if my role has the Complex role modifier? Is that a free townread?

1 Like

That’s how insane I was, I truly am an unhinged mind

2 Likes

Forum Mafia doesn’t seem to rely on roles and mechanics like other games do which is why I’ve been slow to adjust it’s hard to move from mechanics to social like that when mechanics are very grounded and social stuff just feels like guesswork but I’m managing.

1 Like

so no you die

The mystic fake-claim - by the way - was funny as fuck. Because it worked.

It was a coinflip on if a real mystic existed in the game first and fore-most but when I pulled it off they didn’t. The plan is you “link” your faction members and then kill the king before the game gets along too much.

Then you’d step, claim mystic, and because mystic is “confirmed BD” you’d get evil king literally every time. I guess it’s not claiming mystic the entire game - but…

2 Likes

You had it down to a formulaic science, huh?