Starcraft Overhaul FM - GAME OVER (Mafia Victory)

1. Yes
  2. Literally no clue
  3. Jarek

I’ve thought about it and I don’t really suspect FM that much any more, they’ve said some weird stuff that myself and others have pointed out but they’re starting to look more like low hanging fruit rather than an actual wolf. They most likely go over anyway today unfortunately but I don’t suspect eliza any less for voting on the wagon. If FM is a wolf it tells me essentially nothing about any other wolves voting other than the fact they thought FM was doomed.

It’s what I tend to do. Find someone to case early in the day, see where the thread goes from there. w!Leafia freaked in both Morbtainado and UFO, and Vulgard freaked in GOAT^2, so I should probably assume evils are more likely to panic about being wolfread really early on.
Jarek’s reaction wasn’t that poor, either. I’ll take a closer look at him later, but I don’t want to execute him today.

I am the Town Semi-Priest.
Each day, a different player must not be hammered or I’ll lose my ability to cast deciding votes permanently. The only advantage to my role is that the specific name I’m given each night might have some importance? I figured Mafia wouldn’t need the boon or the focus today, hence the ‘n1’ greencheck stuff. I was given Zorvo’s name last night.

1 Like

Thank you for humoring my questions, everyone.

FM is a bizarre slot to me that, like… I did want dead earlier in the day, but the more I think about it, the less I feel it’s a good or informative vote to go over at the moment. I don’t love going for the super low-hanging fruit D1, and I especially don’t like going for them in a landslide, as it seemed was inevitable earlier on.

The attitudes I’ve seen toward him just kinda confuse me, hence why I’ve been asking around so much about him… he’s scum, everyone says, but nobody’s talking about partnerships, nobody’s talking about follow-ups - I want to examine that before I’d consider allowing him to be my EoD vote.

1 Like

And I’ll acknowledge your claim here, Magnus, just to make it clear I’m not full-on ignoring you, but I am going to comply with my lifetime ban from mechanical speculation and leave the analysis of it to others.

1 Like

Now it is time for me to look at I_Dislike_FM

I Dislike FM:
#174 - The results are in, most people later wolf read you.
#395 - You are indeed correct on one thing. If you end up being scum, I will have to say thank you for the wonderful spew.
#410 - Safe reads, though I did have those in the beginning so.
#412 - Yeah how about Magnus making a readslist and not putting themselves as top town. Yeah I saw that Magnus. Anyways, by your logic you are dead. :skull:

You seem really sure Lemonfairy is flipping red so far. Also townreads May.

#447 - Is this a perspective slip or I_Dislike_FM trolling? You decide! Given #460 I assume humor, unless that is a cover up, dun dun dun.
Some odd jabs at Magnus who he called town earlier but now is calling Magnus too fickle to be town
#483 - Yeah saying Magnus has 0 correct reads so far is an extremely strange thing to say.,
#503 - What bait? You never laid out literally anything on Silviu before this.

#558 - What is a slank investigator? I mean I am familiar with both things, but like, slank vig if there is a slank thing is a lot more likely.
#562 - What about suspecting you is tunnel vision-y? Also, are you sure you believe Magnus is scum or is this like a reaction thing?
#563 - Calling himself blatantly obvious??
#584 - Something about this thought process feels kind of towny.
I don’t think I_Dislike_FM being wrong about game mechanics is a thing that is incriminating, like the whole slank TI thing or whatever.

#619 - So are both Italy and Magnus evil? Or is it just Italy at this point.
#630 - Isn’t Leafia like, not able to play at all? Yes? Okay so it shouldn’t be Leafia. Really simple.
#637 - A truly pointless conversation about meta…
I_Dislike_FM’s treatment of the Italy slot is weird, literally I don’t know who would want Italy to just tunnel them until the end of time or whatever.
#649 - yes, but also speak for yourself XD.
I mean obviously unpaired since I_Dislike_FM is treating Italy like he just doesn’t know anything.
#663 off of this post, I think I_Dislike_FM could just be town. Why? IDK look at it.
And then I_Dislike_FM backs off of Italy I guess? #683, #686, #687.

#689 - What do you mean if it’s TMI?? You of all people should know.
Calls other FM players bad at reading him.
I feel like the readslist in #731 is not too bad, it feels a bit rudimentary when it comes to the POE that I_Dislike_FM has.
Also I feel like You are clearly not MartinGG
Saying that he doesn’t miss Italy was funny.
Really wants Lemonfairy.
Already wants hammer to drop?

I didn’t really get a whole lot of thoughts past I_Dislike_FM’s readslist

I see arguments for him being mafia and him even being town. I almost wanna townlean this but they are a bit confusing to decipher for me.

2 hours that took forever :(

okay I was eating pizza things so it was more like 1 hour 30 mins but still

1 Like

Feels like a bit of forced entrance. Players with good roles shouldn’t claim to have good roles.

How would Jaiden happen to know May is Mafia if he was Town? If he wasn’t, why push May in that instance? I’m not sure if Lol was making a read here (supported by “i’m not”, since from Lol’s perspective Eliza wasn’t talking about me), or chiding Eliza for saying something which didn’t make sense to Lol’s perspective (and saying ‘i’m not’ to wash his hands of this interaction). Might be worth a closer look in the future, but I don’t think this is W/W with Eliza/Lol.

Not putting up with contradictions, about what I’d expect.

TMI.
No, this is fine. Evils would preferably want us to doubt Marluna’s claim, so unless Lol’s looking for towncred here he’s nulltown for me.

Hesitates before answering this question, leaves a way out for later. Possible Lol/Jarek partnering going on here?

Look at Lol if IHFM is Town, this could be an easy way to pile onto the wagon.

While that’s true, removing an afk townie from the thread isn’t a bad idea, if you won’t be able to read them later on.

Pocketing.

Here’s my analysis:
If IHFM is Town, I’d almost expect evils to be off-wagon, or the wagon’s at least almost pure.
If IHFM is Mafia, they’re possibly getting bussed, or evils are pretending to ignore the wagon.

Sometimes I place myself as a nullread, just to shake things up.

1 Like

24 hours until EoD and locking votes to pass verdict.

1 Like

seen town do this sort of opener before

1 Like

Where does it say mechanical speculation isn’t allowed in the OP? Or in the Forum Game rules?

I could just call this TMI on knowing Marluna is town so?

Oh, I specifically lifetime banned myself from any kind of mechanical speculation because I am literally always wrong. That’s all. I’ve lost, like, several games solely off of bad mechanical speculation.

1 Like

Nice catch. You can call it TMI, but I did say earlier I was going to be assuming Marluna randed Town.

i could just call that reading :person_shrugging: though if lol didn’t read, then maybe

1 Like

I see, I haven’t fully caught up when it comes to you, but im reading your lol case thing

The mind still limits us so. How to break its constraints?
To attain a pure focus, is it even possible?

1 Like

I’m just throwing reads at the wall and seeing what sticks.

One can break the mind’s constraints by simply not using it, e.g. being recruited into a cult, convincing yourself the game is players vs. GM and the “solution” is publicly outing yourself as part of the cult, and only then being told by the GM that um actually no it isn’t sorry. And getting voted out for it. I am so good at mafia game

1 Like