The Amazing Digital Circus Vigilante ten-er - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

These posts in particular are something I have been thinking about a lot, because what alignment they indicate depends so heavily on a given player’s mindset. Almost always, wolves are the ones who think about how they are coming across more often. I have seen plenty of players “TMI themselves wolf”, taking cases on themselves much more seriously than they tend to do as town, and there is an easy reading here of a w!Garfooled knowing for a fact that people have good reason to wolfread them. Self-awareness is classically wolfy for a reason.

On the other hand, this is not something a lot of wolves like to show in public. A nervous wolf will frequently be far too filtered to ever express the kind of things that Garfooled is saying here, and people who know the others around them frequently jump on self-awareness as a tell will only do this kind of thing as town. I do not think this environment is one that is particularly heavy on such tells, though.

Currently, I am swinging toward wolfreading Garfooled, though I have swung back and forth many times and I will likely swing back again. I wonder how Magnus/Garfooled looks as a team.

1 Like

Oh I feel like I’m being pulled from all sides like those medieval torture devices :sweat_smile:

I need some time to think who’s pocketing me. I know some of you fuckers are

1 Like

This unending stream of motivation to send your thoughts into an unhearing vacuum is especially fascinating given what I know, because this doesn’t align with my own thoughts and yet your progression is plainly visible as being logical. How odd.

Bystander townread Zugzwang in (#474) with no progression; and Zugzwang provided poor reasoning to townread Bystander as well in (#194). So this is a reasonable pool to draw from in the instance that you’re good-aligned: My micro reasons to trust Zugzwang include the fact he went towards great efforts to decipher myself based on minute phrasing instead of a standard accusation; demonstrated a creatively rational spirit even so early as the first day instead of lolcatting as I’d expect from a securely positioned w!Zug; and asking if we feared him felt like an unnecessary bait for an evil to make.

(Firstly; they, please.)
Secondly; I challenged Bystander right off the bat while others townread her. I did not expressly shove Bystander off a cliff because I accredited Tutuu’s townread towards her, but I had no reason to shade her at all in a Vigilante setup (and I demonstrably understood the setup theory). In return, Bystander grew heated towards me in a fashion that wouldn’t necessarily occur between premeditated theatre. Pairing me with Bystander doesn’t really make sense, imo.

2 Likes

i dont know what to tell you
I’ve been trying to get into mafia, a 10p game felt like something I could handle
but every time I’ve been trying to get into a game
it turns out like this
the same

I’m procrastinating hard
I think if we had a mafia shot + my recent TRs were still alive
I’d feel more motivated

Interestingly, in the anonymous game we played together, Magnus did not directly question their partners, Woodie and Wormwood. They questioned me, a townie, directly (I was Willow in this game), but only talked to their partners about other players. Additionally, when they did talk about their partners, it was exclusively to townread them or pair townies with them.

Don't Starve: Anonymous

[quote=“Webber, post:1328, topic:7635, full:true”]

Wurt initially formed a townread on Woodie’s slot for that first readlist, until Wes spoke out about the AI generated content. This inspired Wurt to reverse their read and vote the aforementioned player, under the preconception that it was an evil-indicative action and that Wes also believed it so. Once clarified on the matter, Wurt loses confidence in the wagon and expresses an intention to jump ship onto Wes’ wagon of choice, or for either of Wilson or Wortox to die without strongly advocating for either one. To me, this progression just feels like Wurt was trying to satisfy Wes and that was all.

Summary

At least some of this is clearly an intentional playstyle decision from Magnus rather than a lack of ability, but I do think the awkwardness around their partners is genuine. They townread their partners, but they didn’t really treat their partners like townreads in a natural way, nor did they try to boost their partners’ positions in indirect ways, like asking them questions in the thread to encourage their reads. It makes me question the idea of a Magnus/Garfooled team because of the interactions between Magnus and Garfooled early on.

2 Likes

Fun fact when it comes to why quotes sometimes break.

When quoting large passages, typically with quotes inside quotes, you will sometimes find that arrow keys like “>” will manifest randomly, occasionally right before the [quote] command. Removing all backticks will fix the quotes before posting them.
I saw Tutuu struggling with them earlier so here’s my PSA.

We didn’t have the opportunity to communicate much in scumchat, due to Woodie being newer and inexperienced while Wormwood was initially busy before being replaced. Our schedules didn’t line up very often to align or coordinate our thoughts in public, so the chance wasn’t always there.

1 Like

@Tutuu why is your nickname “Origami”?

VOTE: bystander. I’m slightly more conflicted about declaring w!Rhea. Last night I was relatively assured that was the world but posing Zug / Bystander seems like a technically valid alternative so I’m obliged to hear it out for numerical reasons.

1 Like

katze or orange changed it due to cookie thread shenanigans between me and mollylikesorigami

1 Like

Does that mean we could fold you up like paper into the shape of a unicorn?

1 Like

:flushed: yessssss

VOTE: Bystander

Sorry about that. I’ll take that into consideration too.

How did Tutuu change his name to Origami?

2 Likes

Rhea is playing out of her mind if she’s a wolf although I wouldn’t put it past her. She’s great

i don’t think my reasons to townread bystander were bad but i think everyone else is towning it up super hard in comparison

@Zugzwang do you have any updates in your reads? im curious about bystander specifically. if everybody is scumreading her then we should probably just chop her?

3 Likes

VOTE: Bystander

Keeping Magnus in mind too.

1 Like

Mods have the ability to change account names (like what they did for Eliza, this has the risk of breaking message archives) and to apply nicknames (which doesn’t override pings or the visible name in the account menu).

Katze or Orange, one of them applied the nickname to Tutuu.

1 Like

bystander (3): Magnus, tutuu, Leafia

Not Voting (4): bystander, Garfooled, Rhea, Zugzwang

OP has been updated.

Hammer is at 4 votes

1 Like

The factional kill is now mandatory, for anyone who didn’t see the change.

UNVOTE . Everyone’s had their say but hammering somebody who isn’t around feels mean.

2 Likes

Ah. Wasn’t aware of that.

1 Like