The Amazing Digital Circus Vigilante ten-er - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

I tried to avoid spewing myself as the Vigilante, I had knowledge about optimising strategy, and assumed any of Leafia / Jail / Tutuu / Gar would kill me instantly if they were evil irrespective of whether they Vigilante read me or not.

You may not have been able to kill Rhea yesterday. Given Bystanderā€™s lack of playing, thereā€™s a decent chance that theyā€™d have been executed even if you tried to get Rhea out.

Achroā€™s play actually made people (including myself) reconsider.

And, more importantly, Gar did acknowledge the execution as a threat, and put more effort in accordingly.

Itā€™s 2am so Iā€™m going to retire for the night. Questioning me is ultimately pointless, I think. Not because the conclusion should be self-evident but because an accurate result isnā€™t going to be reached off my word alone.

can you list all games youā€™ve had with Gar?

Not your word alone, yes, but it will need your word together with everything else.

Not off the top of my head, I donā€™t think. We were both town in Wild West where Garfooled was misexecuted after I died with a correct townread, we were on the same scumteam in ?KRC before they realised their potential.

1 Like

so
then how is your townread so hard to explain
or are there many more games youā€™re forgetting

Of course we could have, but if you say so. Bystander wasnā€™t receiving votes.

What are you even arguingā€¦? The first disparity is that these are two different players entirely, so the comparison is meaningless to begin with. Achro played a desperate trick in order to survive, Garfooled slumped and started solving in other directions. When suspected as a pair with you, Garā€™s instinct was to jokingly shove you away. I object to this specific line of reasoning.

Itā€™s happened about six, seven times or so, I think.
Garfooled is just a very easily misexecutable slot as town despite being very normal and easy to play with as town. Theyā€™re a friend.

@Garfooled leaving the shift to you.

2 Likes

to be clear IDK who it is at this point
Iā€™m questioning your townread on Gar not because Iā€™m trying to kill them, but because I want to:

• figure out if youā€™re right, and Gar is town
  • figure out if youā€™re a wolf without good reasoning here

Iā€™m arguing that Gar appearing to give up can be a trick.

ā€¦and? Gar made jokes under the pressure of an incorrect w/w read, while the wagons were 2 votes on jail, and 1 vote on Gar. This does not equate to not acknowledging the threat of execution.

Iā€™ve tried white-knighting as an evil strategy before. It never seems to work. It would be terrible if I was caught slacking again here.

Chair of Deception 2 (ā€˜23) ā€” Garfooled was a believed neutral claim. The evil team panicked when their lost wolf was nearly executed on the final day, and convinced town to kill either Garfooled or someone else under the pretence that it was mostly harmless.
Need for Speed ā€” Replaced in late, Garfooled was practically cleared from my perspective.
Strategem 27 ā€” Townread Garfooled early on, died and Mafia clutched by directing a misexecution onto Gar.
TotA ā€” This game was a sweep. Statistically insignificant.
Wild West ā€” I think I suspected Gar in this game actually. I had a lot of bad reads. I died and then Gar died later.
Littenā€™s Terrible Game ā€” Gar felt obvtown nigh immediately.

Here are our communal towngames. It could just be that Iā€™m predisposed to townread Gar anyway since they havenā€™t been evil in any of my games, I guess.

Oh, Iā€™ve just been reading the point where Gar had three votes on them onwards. It seemed the most raw because anyone can keep their emotions in check when itā€™s just one loose vote.

Anyway, Iā€™m sleeping for real now.

I hope it doesnā€™t sound like Iā€™m irritated or peeved, thatā€™s not my intention if I do. Sometimes I might not communicate with the best demeanour.

2 Likes

If this is what you are using, then itā€™s strange that you cited

as evidence.

When youā€™re back next, can you cite the things you find compelling?

ebwop (added bolded)

it sounds fine, dw
though I kinda imagine us swordfighting while arguing

1 Like

@Rhea

Iā€™ve some questions for you

• Why didnā€™t you push Bystander D1, despite them being at the bottom of your reads? And why did you not even discuss / challenge peopleā€™s townreads on her?

• What do you think about Magnus? And more specifically:
    ā€“ Do you believe they are unpaired from Bystander?
    ā€“ Do you find their extremely confident read on Garfooled unsubstantiated (and therefore wolfy)?
    ā€“ā€“ What are your objections to their towncase on Gar (or, if you believe it, why, and who do you think is wolf now)?

1 Like

nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @tutuu Iā€™m trying to compile a list of all the strange things that have to happen if each player is wolf

currently have

• T!Magnus has a weakly substantiated and extremely confident read on Gar (W!Gar and W!Rhea)
  • The above, but also this read is incorrect (W!Gar)
  • T!Rhea had Bystander as a top wolfread for nearly all of D1, but does not push them or argue anything about them, instead choosing to push Someone (W!Gar, W!Magnus)
  • Bystander used wording that implied they knew T!Gar was a wolf (W!Magnus, W!Rhea)
  • T!Magnus was confident they would be N1ed by #124, despite them not usually dying N1 (W!Gar, W!Rhea)
  • Leafia died, despite there being much better kills for w!Rhea*, who would clearly put a lot of thought into the nightkill. (W!Rhea)

and am going through my thoughts and the thread for more
do you have anything not here to add?

1 Like