this feels like a bunch of word salad that I cant properly respond to
you draw conclusions that I cant give a response to one way or another
basically
i don’t know what to tell you lol

1 Like

to put this another way
a lot of this feels like one-way dialogue
where you’re explaining your thought process after asking a question
but come to a conclusion in which there isn’t much space to really give you feedback one way or another

1 Like

I dont understand the structure

Here for instance whats weird about town Magnus if Rhea is the last wolf?

1 Like

I had forgotten about this. But you being my friend rubbed off on me. … Sadly

So cute lmao

Useless.

This is towny

I will agree that some of zug’s posts are somewhat hard to digest

shut up
i hate you

1 Like

I love you too sweet cheeks~ :smirk:

go eat a salad without any dressing

1 Like

It goes against my principles to use meta from other games in my own arguments, but I believe it is fair game to turn your own argument against you. This supports exactly my point, no? Bystander gave a correct supported scumread and a correct supported townread, but when townreading her own partner, she only used an idle “this is pocketing me”.

There were several reasons I voted for Someone over Garfooled. First of all, I felt I had equal reasons to wolfread bystander and Someone, which was in hindsight straightforwardly false. It was a failure of analysis on my part. My read on Someone was based genuinely on nothing, while my read on bystander was at least somewhat substantiated by the awkward read on Garfooled. Secondly, I townread pandora and Garfooled and wanted to push a vote that would move the wagons away from the two of them, and because bystander had better standing among the rest of the playerlist, I did not think that push as likely to succeed.

As for why I did not discuss the reads more… frankly, it was in part just not remembering it was a point of contention, but it also felt like the reads on bystander were often based on meta which I did not have access to. I was also unsure how much my read was borne of personal frustration with bystander’s playstyle. I found bystander (as Wes) similarly abrasive in the anonymous game we played together, and was one of the only players stating I did not find her to be locktown (and she was town). I thought the conversation would be somewhat awkward and unproductive compared to just pushing Someone instead.

Magnus is probably my second-highest wolf candidate at the moment (Garfooled > Magnus > tutuu > Zugzwang, post-nightkill), but I really don’t find them that wolfy at all. They keep having thoughts I find to be sufficiently spontaneous or against-the-grain to not come from wolf and making meta-commentary that I think would just be unnecessary to draw attention to if they were wolf. Looking so attentive to their own play is a negative. It is possible they are putting up a good wolf performance, but it is not good in the same ways that their play as Webber was good.

I find the confident read on Garfooled unsubstantiated, but not inherently wolfy. My objections to their towncase are primarily “I do not care about meta unless it comes from my own personal experience”, as that is the main basis for their case. It is hard to say much more about it. I can see where the towncase comes from as a wolf (it allows Magnus to look towny for closing up their own options, but is unlikely to result in Garfooled actually not being executed, given the general consensus), but I can also see where it comes from as town, even with w!Garfooled. I myself townread Garfooled on Day 1 and even a bit on Day 2, after all.

This feels overly confident and like it is designed to lead players into thinking I am the obvious choice for an execution. w!Garfooled requires me dead, and those are the signs of agenda I am looking for here.

This is also a strange thing to say about a player questioning you, especially one who you aren’t actively tinfoiling.

I don’t think it is difficult to fake. It could easily be a retroactive explanation to a contradiction. It took Garfooled three minutes to think up this post.

1 Like

you’re right, on that post
that was meant for the thread in general, and not something I wanted you to respond to

I find Magnus’ read somewhat strange if they’re town, even if it’s correct (just less strange than if it’s incorrect)

1 Like

nyaaaaaaaaa why? I can try to make them clearer

1 Like

I was stuck on the Magnus one. Let me try reading it again

1 Like

I was referring to this:

Why is this weird? If this is the case isnt it just a good play on Bystander’s part to frame Gar? Unless you think Bystander would have done such a play on accident only?

1 Like

It’s possible W!Rhea tried to frame Magnus with the Leafia kill. Also Rhea had Leafia as a top townread. It’s possible she was honest about her evaluation of how towny each town is. I agree with the rest of your suggestions that those are weird events

1 Like

I dont think I can come up with any other weird events I haven’t been collecting them

1 Like

it’d be good play*
but I’d think it takes a lot of effort to convincingly fake a wording quirk like that?
and I think if Bys was putting that kind of effort in, they’d probably also put effort to make their push on Gar look less bad

*saying something like that makes them more likely to get eliminated themselves
so maybe it wouldn’t be good

1 Like