The Binding of Isaac Mad17 - Game Over (Terminal Lucidity) [Mafia Win]

I work on weekends. then working tmr. then off next day. just fyi

VOTE: bionic

no active when I’m active grrr

Do you have any thoughts on Bionic other than what’s already been said?

I’m here!

1 Like

honestly, no idea.

Ok, if you had the option to get a wagon going on someone, would you have a strong preference on who it is?

thoughts on bystander?

lack of engaging me after a recent discord game pings me. the game was maybe a week ago.

1 Like

As it currently stands, I have her as either town or else a wolf with you, because of your earlier vote on her
I guess wolf with TMI is also possible
But I thought her posts yesterday were generally good and nothing really stuck out to me

She did mention the game, though, and also talked about how she thought that you pointing this out was more likely to come from town

Not sure if that was clear it was in order of likelihood

ah I see

bystander being really active here is different from that game. how is bystander on forums?

not trying to figure me out due to recent game too. but ig it’s a fair point to figuring me out indirectly.

I would ask about rhea but… slot was solved

Honestly idk, I haven’t played with her much, all I know is that she can be very active as both alignments

As such I’m just gonna judge her on her read justifications I guess
Not sure what her track record is for accuracy but I generally don’t worry about that kind of thing unless I suspect powerwolfing

hmm

zug

windward

bystander

everyone else

RVS so probably NAI - they’re not really putting in any effort to solve early on.

Same

Says this to a townread on themselves. Rhea read this as forcing a response to a read.

The tone of this post is reasonably wolfy (and I think Rhea picked up on it as well). Normally I would put more reasoning into this but I’m giving it a pass because hippo didn’t actually provide reasons for his read. If hippo had provided reasons, I would say this was an attempt to discredit a read rather than deal or make a sufficient counterargument against it. I find it quite wolfy to reference a time when someone previously misread you as a means to defend themselves in a new game.

I thought the top of these posts was reasonable. Bionic was attempting to get a reason for hippo’s read on them. But their response when hippo actually gives a reason is just like “okay, not turn your attention to this player”.

This was in response to hippo wolfreading tutuu for their D1 post on my sulit read.

Hippo seemed reasonably certain on their Bionic read tbh.

Self aware.

:+1:

I noticed this sequence earlier when I was reading the voters on my D1 wagon that I didn’t like. I read it as NAI back then. Bionic is quite a chaotic player. Not sure how I feel about it in the wider context just yet. I’m going to think about it.

And then he switches back to hippo and starts hard pushing him once the wagon on me started to fall away.

He even admits that his push was an omgus.

I think Windy kinda hit the spot with this.

This I would say was his secondary reason for pushing on hippo?

It’s very low level reasoning - especially the Derps wagon read. The derps wagon was probably the most pure Day 1 wagon. This was also subtle shading of 4 players in one go. The mafia team is 4 players. I understand you may think more than 4 players are wolfy but this feels like a bit of a stretch.

And his opener today was not great as I mentioned above.

Overall, about 50% of his ISO is fluff. I also understand that Bionic has a loud playstyle and has tunnelling tendencies. That being said, he was chaotic all day one and very reserved SoD2 (obviously this may change). I also understand that tunnelling players for dubious reasons used to be a towntell of Bionic’s, but that now he does it as both alignments.

I haven’t seen anything that makes Bionic towny in his ISO. Most of it seems to be NAI/a joke. That being said, I think the hippo push was bad - the primary reasoning being that hippo would mislynch him later on if he was allowed to live past D1 and secondary reasoning that he didn’t like the voters on the other wagons. With respect, the primary reason is a bad reason to push on someone and is even worse when they flip town. I don’t think Bionic made any attempt, past asking for hippo’s reasons, to actually deal with his reasons or provide any sort of counterargument?

Another point is Bionic has been very self-centered and selfish this game. Pushing to lynch hippo because they might mislynch you without other reasons as well I think is wolf-siding at the very least. Townies should put the effort into understanding why someone may be pushing on them or misreading them, not just try to lynch them. Re-evaluating and understanding other’s perspectives and why they may think differently to you is an important mafia skill. This is a bit of a tangent and a rant, but I think the selfishness may be wolf indicative, rather than the bad play itself.

I’m very tempted to solve this dome ngl. I’ve always been one to lynch the counterwagon if the first wagon flipped town, though unfortunately there wasn’t exactly a counterwagon on Day 1 as very little players were around EoD1. Bionic was also mentioned by a few players to be a wolf, but never really gained any traction as a wagon, which isn’t a great look.

Finally, from NKA, Bionic did complain about Rhea’s wallposting and I don’t think Rhea said that Bionic was a townread at all, so they had no reason not to kill Rhea (and may have even wanted to to get rid of the walls lol).

I will note that I came to this ISO thinking Bionic may be a wolf, so my perspective may be conf!biased, so I would like people to correct me or put their input into the things I’ve said if they can see a different interpretation of Bionic’s posts thus far.

Someone who knows Bionic better may also be able to provide some good insight into his alignment as well.

I will take a moment to note that I did think Bionic’s tone early in RVS was slightly towny. But I don’t think that really affects my take on him at this point in time.