Vampire The Masquerade SFM: Game Thread MAFIA VICTORY

I have super bad news

My frustrations with this game… people don’t feel like they wanna talk. Or solve. Most of them. A lot of people this game just lashed out whenever they were suspected. Acted like they were entitled to being found town. Just threw a tantrum and walked out of thread. Complained that they were always suspected and deserved to live. Or just didn’t post.

It feels like a lot of people don’t… case and push people. Or try to convince others. It doesn’t feel like playing mafia. There are a lot of people here who do this, who I like playing with, but it’s difficult to play a game with even a few people who aren’t… engaging with the game, because by necessity to play mafia one must engage with all of the slots present.

2 Likes

every conversion was guranteed

WHAT THE FUCK

1 Like

I honestly expecting some sense of secrecy and not openly claim as town killer.

I also need to stop listening to some of advice, we ended the one day like half of phrase due to no-exe rule and I honestly see why people are relying on bad habits.

1 Like

Am I one of these people

I thought of this post before I was converted BTW and then it was made false. 1984

1 Like

I feel like I can be one of those people

It’s hard to bring a desire to case or push people in a conversion game, at least in my opinion

A good part of reads are formed in day 1, at least the beginning of them, so it’s extremely hard to push another player since you’re always influencing it based on previous reads no matter if they’re completely unrelated, you’re always thinking about partnering, and then your top townread is suddenly converted and that’s influencing you heavily so you’re stuck having doubt

1 Like

Conversion is fun. When there’s conversion immunity.

2 Likes

You basically need a role grounded in reality to trust otherwise it’s every man for themselves god convert me please blah blah

1 Like

Conversion is fun when it’s multiball

-Town of Salem I think

3 Likes

TOL did it best

3 Likes

Does it best here, too. More fun to be converted when your role actually matters. Being converted and told you’re vanilla now is very lame

1 Like

Too bad the game doesnt exist anymore and its long time ago.

2 Likes

Not sure what you meant about the latter part, since ending D3 early was the correct choice IMO.
As for the first part… Gorta actually did the correct thing to claim, given the fact that it was D4 LYLO.

I can’t really speak to midgame because there was a big chunk of posts I just didn’t read, I think you got a little defensive and argumentative in a way that wasn’t the most pleasant, but not so much in the endgame - you actually worked to push/case teams and fight for what you thought was right. You were playing the game.

I think your gameplay would stand to benefit from, like,

1. remembering to appeal specifically to the people you’re not casing, you’re never convincing the wolves they’re wolves, I feel like you got into a good amount of arguments with me & Luka & such that were just not productive and contribute to that feeling of people just getting mad about being cased
  2. making yourself more “sheepable” than you do currently - you talk a lot about what makes you suspect people, but I think you focus a lot on responding to people and not as much on, like, pulling citations on people’s asses. Bring up the posts you’re referring to. Make it so people have no choice but to see what you’re seeing

Yeah thats what throne of lies did best, the converted has mirrored versions.

ahhh I’m not unfun to play with am I

What I don’t understand is why it needs to be argued at all.

That we’ve being frustrated to play the game any longer, I can see that. But why the rush.