Video Game Upick Invitational 16er [Day 4] (6/17) [Mafia + Shopkeeper wonnered!!!]

And yeah ok these are all fair reasons.

1 Like

I will admit I was surprised by Elizaā€™s lack of posts and reads this game. I didnā€™t really see much outside of her push on Kork. I havenā€™t been in a FM game with Eliza before, but she strikes me as the type to get really involved and work to problem-solve. I donā€™t expect Eliza to solve world hunger by the end of D1, but her activity doesnā€™t match my expectations. (My expectations can be wrong which is why Iā€™m not pushing her over it. Iā€™d like feedback from those who have more FM experience with Eliza).

this is what makes me think elizaā€™s scum/scum-leaning

1 Like

No matter how small?

I am curious about this point. Would it have looked more townie if Kork shut down Eliza and refused to give info? That feels more wolfy to me tbhā€¦

Kork (6): guavagudetama, Jormok, Apocryphal, AnthemBell, Drinks, ElizaThePsycho
Jormok (1): Kiiruma
sleep (1): Kork
guavagudetama (1): Demisha
ElizaThePsycho (1): scoot

Not Voting (6): Doodleshy, Hazardwaste, MerpyDerpy, YoubutWorse, Kanave, Bylamir

1 Like

imo i think both responses wouldve elicited wolf vibes, or at least that it can be viewed as wolf

The greatest offender is mostly the ā€œgetting stronger over timeā€ component, itā€™s a lot of leverage if we believe him.

I would hope to see it come out sooner, before Korkā€™s 6 votes deep, in an attempt to coordinate around his ability or to keep it silent for longer. Only revealing the claim once pressed and on the edge of being axed makes it look like a final gambit.

I do have an answer for this but i wanna wait for drinks to respond. Iā€™m

This is because iā€™m both okay with dying first, but at the same time I do want to keep playing

Not what i was thinking.
So now i am not to sureā€¦
My thought process on that interaction was eliza saying ā€œif you can kill iā€™ll unvoteā€ basically.
Kork went in and said yes i can kill. But they never disclosed the fact at that time that they cant kill till much later on. Thats what i dont like about that interaction

1 Like

its about the message
in this case itā€™s a pretty weak one but a message nonetheless

Yeah I agree. Motivations (wondering why Kork claimed to Eliza in this case) are hard to argue because you can create multiple POVs.

There is a world where Drinks is right, and Kork catered to Eliza to get her off his ass. Thereā€™s also a world where Kork is being genuine and is desperate enough to out his role to save himself.

I think there are also 2 sides of the choice to not reveal your role in that scenario.
Townie Kork Not Revealing: Doesnā€™t want evils to view him as a threat and kill him/wants town to have the upper hand due to evils being in the dark.
Evil Kork Not Revealing: Doesnā€™t know what to claim and/or doesnā€™t want it to backfire. Falling back under the idea of ā€œIā€™ll get killed if I claimā€.

My point is itā€™s very easy to craft hypotheticals of motives. We can speculate and make educated guesses, but I donā€™t think motive alone is concrete enough as evidence

Is it fair to assume we have at least maybe one evil between drinks/kork/eliza

These criticisms can co-exist, itā€™s compounding against Kork.

Thatā€™s a valid point. This very well could be an attempt to stall out as evil and stay alive. It really just comes down to do we want to take the risk imo.

It feels like heā€™s trying to get sus off of him more than heā€™s trying to solve the game, he tried to get my joke vote off him in a way that felt stilted and half his reads were definitely null but he tried to make it seem like he felt something about the slot

1 Like

If there are this many votes before the roleclaim shenanigans, I think people are already committed.

Ok was gonna say if you were voting him about the talking about no axing i was gonna gote you for hypocrisy

I honestly canā€™t tell this early. I trust Kork. Iā€™d say out of that list, Eliza would be my top suspect. However, I donā€™t feel confident enough to push her. Iā€™d like other people to elaborate more on her typical playstyle.