Video Game Upick Invitational 16er [Day 4] (6/17) [Mafia + Shopkeeper wonnered!!!]

You’re good, You won’t look most wolfy

That’s fair. I just know it wouldn’t look good if I was like the only one defending them, and they flip wolf. I would be burned at the stake lmao.

Anyone want some barbeque?

Atm I have Guava as not-aligned to Jormok and generally high up in terms of players I’d want to keep alive. People are going to tinfoil “Oh he’s stayed alive too long” but I’d rather keep him alive until other people are axed first and force evil to kill him or let him stay in town.

1 Like

9438222-cartoon-of-overweight-man-having-a-bbq-isolated-on-white

1 Like

Now I will be going to grab some food and focusing on a game I promised to go play. I will keep this open, if you need me @Jormok Or reply to one of my posts, okay? I’ll remember to check this hopefully, cause I’m just playing a game, I should still be able to do this, lmao.

1 Like

If we’re spending a day to axe the npc, isn’t that still a guaranteed miss on a possible evil?

The NPC is never a kill that progresses town wincon.

If by NPC you mean that Employee, then the Employee is voting a towny and I believe they’re going to lock on me.

There’s no difference in treating it as a confirmed player who’s stuck on one view. I still think it’s better to have a living body with a sticky vote and more time than spend a day to axe someone we know isn’t a threat we need to kill.

If we get to MyLo/LyLo, that one single vote loses the game.

If you’re good, it’s -1 day regardless of action we do here (assuming the vote sticks past today).

If you’re not, then it’s only -1 day if we pass on killing into the 11 today.

Out of curiosity, who do you want to vote here? What are your reads?

(pleasedontsaymepleasedontsaymepleasedontsayme)

I think the scumteam is like
Jormok
you
one of Anthem/Scoot (more likely scoot)
one of Kiiruma/YBW (what the fuck)

I’m just gonna say Demi is town and call it a night for that slot LMAO and I think Kana and Jormok are town
I don’t think Anthem/Scoot would be scum together because fire
I don’t think Kiiruma/YBW would be scum together because of how hard YBW is pushing Kiiruma rn (I could maybe see a world where this is t/t? because I was townreading YBW early game? but it’s definitely not w/w and if they are t/t the last wolf is Demi I guess)

not me just fully believing you

if we’re not in mylo then VOTE: Forsaken

didn’t you say you were townreading them before the burn though

VILE.

These are my reads on ppl I missed. Since I am not quoting things this time around, I decided to think of different world possibilities and which I think is more likely. Feel free to debate and discuss with me!

Kiiruma - Wolf-Lean
Town Kiiruma: Arturo proposed the idea of an ability affecting Kiiruma, and it could explain what is happening. Kiiruma’s claim that “it is D1” and that “the deaths happened N0” feels really odd. If Kiiruma’s claim is true, then I suspect YBW to be the cause since they are the one who first pointed out Kiiruma’s remarks and was actively trying to make a push out of it. (Don’t actually make a push on YBW because of this statement. This is just speculation).

My town-Kiiruma read feels significantly weaker than my wolf-Kiiruma read. It essentially just relies on the claim being “weird”. It does not rely on Kiiruma as a player.

Wolf Kiiruma: Kiiruma’s claim can easily be a reverse-psychology trick. It isn’t something we can prove, and it is easily fakeable. All you need to do is act confused, and then you can claim to be affected by an ability the next day. This isn’t my main reason for considering this possibility though. My main concern is the following: If Kiiruma is really being affected by an ability, then why did no one else claim to be affected before Kiiruma? Unless I am misunderstanding Jormok’s ability, he has been able to use it every night. He mentioned using it on Kork, myself, and Arturo if I am remembering correctly.

Anthem: Null
I think Anthem is a similar situation to Kiiruma (except they’d be lying about their ability’s alignment rather than faking being targetted by one). Here’s what we know about Anthem’s ability: they can day-burn ppl. They claimed it, so it seems more townie, but I’m not sure I’m convinced. Anthem claims to have burnt Scoot bc Scoot was “null” for them. Maybe this is my forum inexperience talking, but why would you burn someone who is null? When I think of null, I think of being unsure of someone’s alignment. In other words, you’re not certain you’re hitting a wolf if you’re shooting into a null.

Even though I would prefer to save my town-lean, seeing him flip would solidify my read on Anthem.

1. If Scoot flips wolf, Anthem is town. I can’t think of a reason why a wolf would want to day-burn another wolf. :thinking:
  2. However, if Scoot flips town, it gets a little complicated.
    It’s possible they’re town and misfired.
    It’s also possible that they’re wolf who is going to claim they mis-shot. Considering they are shooting into a null/taking a chance, I would call them wolf.

Before the burn, I never looked into them. The reason I decided to look into them is because they are running on borrowed time. After reading into their posts, I find them as town-lean. Even though I want to see one of my town-leans live, Scoot’s flip will tell me Anthem’s alignment. Hopefully, this clarifies the order of events :+1:

I’m saying NPC is always better than a sleep vote, and it’s worth it to avoid LYLO. It’s more likely than not to vote a towny so it’s not neccesarly worse

I’m gonna play Omega Strikers for a bit. I should be here for voting phase. Although I think Kiiruma is scum-leaning, I think getting the NPC is more useful imo. I thought Apo was scum, and they flipped town. I’m not trusting my accuracy lol
VOTE: Forsaken

As I understand it we’d be in the same spot tomorrow, with less voting power, by axing the NPC right?

im gonna be real im not really feeling like going back and ISOing multiple people for a read list, i’ve been mostly just quietly reading thread and I can’t help but notice Guava (who I’ve been pushing as wolf, although I don’t think I need to keep noting this from here on out) shifting the vote away from Kiiruma very vehemently (when talking with Kana). Kiiruma supposedly getting accused of strongly TMI’ing by YBW

anthem’s kinda quiet, scoot is towny and burning so w/e no need to think about that slot, idk what doodle and jormok are doing

I do not understand Merpy’s reasons to have been town leaning Guava this entire game and i don’t really give a flying fuck about the NPC since I was the one that summoned it and it’s voting Kiiruma which is not the worst