Weekly Monday Discussion #4 - User Presence

i cant do typing tests seeing the word trips me up

1 Like

Too easy to angleshoot, and easy for it to be AI when angleshot. (Most notably in fx situations. Just check who’s typing but not posting. They’re waiting to vote.)

Let’s not enable that line of thinking, thanks. And I think the current variant, where you need to abuse a vulnerability in order to have access to this, is even worse, because it gives an unfair advantage to the people who know how to bug abuse. That’s not what things should look like.

Something tells me User Presence is getting voted down by a sizable majority.

is that something your discourse hacks that tell you who voted what

1 Like

I just read the thread and see the tide is for user presence getting voted down.

1 Like

thats what they all say

1 Like

I think it will be close, most people who have spoken here seem to be against it but I suspect there are a lot of people who haven’t said anything and don’t even play FM games voted for it

4 Likes

i just logged in to my alt (chloe) and i think it will be exactly as close as it is

5 Likes

Tos spy buff

1 Like

this poll reminds me of brexit

1 Like

#presenceeverywhere

I want to be able to type “Katze below” when I see Kat typing……… let me do it please

5 Likes

What if we enable presence for the people who want it and disable it for people who don’t. Needlessly complicated solution that puts unnecessary stress on orange and Chloe for no tangible benefit

8 Likes

katze above

2 Likes

ok but if its disabled then you pulling this off successfully is like 10x the payoff

6 Likes

you have the people who don’t play in FM games who are voting to enable presence because it’s nice in cookie thread
reminds me of uninformed elderly people voting to leave who won’t be around for the consequences

also people giving justifications like “so it doesn’t feel like MU”
reminds me of this video I saw where some guy interviewed people from the region with the highest leave voters and one guy said he voted to leave so that his wife’s turkish in-laws couldn’t easily get into the country like tf

And I feel like the vote will be very close with presence enabling winning which I’m attributing to brexit winning cuz it’s not what we have now

5 Likes

as i was saying

1 Like

i understand where youre coming from for sure but i dont want to antagonize people who i wanna be friends with
including both you and the people youre talking about

3 Likes

this vote is getting way to serious.

2 Likes

I hate my mother in law is peak boomer humor to be fair, perhaps second only to I hate my wife

1 Like

was anyone saying this other than me?
i changed my mind on it

i do think that the mu culture does have some problems that resulted in me getting consistently emotionally abused there and
the scars hurt enough to cloud my initial judgement on a lot of things
i do hope you can understand it doesn’t come from a place of xenophobia

1 Like