Weekly Monday Discussion #4 - User Presence

sorry I didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed. Having realised this I am leaving fortress of lie forever. Bye chat

4 Likes

Educate me in british politics

Why did UK leave and then 5 years later started to regret it

1 Like

3 Likes

sorry I didn’t realize I wasn’t allowed to focus (i have adhd)

5 Likes

i dont know why but this feels like a personal attack

old people can vote on stuff that won’t affect them in 10 years when they’re dead, younger people don’t care enough to vote, can’t find the time in their day or weren’t nearly old enough to vote at the time

major regrets are from the unpredictability of covid happening in the same year and the russian-ukranian war preventing imports of gas from russia (which UK used)

yes things are starting to stabilize, but because of brexit our economy will forever be behind the rest of europe, it’s worse for scotland than it is down in england but UK wise it sucks.

2 Likes

another resounding victory for the face eating leopards party

But I don’t think old people just specifically vote on things to mess with the others. Like what was the entire point of this?

Emo phase? I hate everyone I want to be financially independent and answer to no one grrr!!!

Okay after careful deliberation my true answer for this problem is that this really doesn’t matter as much as it’s being made out to be.

Reading this thread clearly makes me realise that no one really cares if they’re seen typing in the thread or not, the only reason this can matter is if someone is accidentally typing on a main from an alt account which rarely happens if people take the appropriate precedures.

I honestly believe that the status-quo is fully fine regardless of the exploit, someone knowing who is typing does not give an “advantage” even at all, plus if they state anything about it, it’s almost definitely angleshooting regardless so they can’t even state this “advantage”.

What can you learn from someone typing? Not much due to the many reasons a person instantly posts after only starting posting or the same reasons for the opposite where a person stops typing.

tl;dr if you’re lazy: the exploit doesn’t benefit anyone regardless, keeping the status quo would work fine in my opinion

3 Likes

I’m not saying that old people are doing it on purpose, most of them genuine believed it was the better option of course, it’s just there are a lot more old people with much more patriotic beliefs and that we must be “independent” and “self-sufficient” in everything than there are younger people that don’t care much for those things.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right

cue wall of text

4 Likes

It was a personal attack (against your mother)

2 Likes

really breaking out the creative and situationally relevant comebacks for this one

8 Likes

Alrighty
I checked who voted for what and there’s no evidence of foul play - user presence will be disabled everywhere. The thread will remain open for discussion, but unless we find a solid, bug-free way to enable presence on a thread-by-thread basis, it will remain off

Thanks a ton for giving your input, everybody

11 Likes

Alrighty
I checked who voted for what and there’s no evidence of foul play - the letter ‘e’ will be disabled everywhere . The thread will remain open for discussion, but unless we find a solid, bug-free way to enable it again on a thread-by-thread basis, it will remain off

Thanks a ton for giving your input, everybody

12 Likes

thank god. I hat that lttr
Now i can typ without worrying about sing it

6 Likes

huh i thought it would have been closer than this

2 Likes

I am gonna reverse engineer the poll.

12 votes for enable.

Tutuu
Marissa
Nightingale