World's Finest - GAME OVER ASH WINS

well, @Zone_Q11 @Daeron, those 3 are making a deal that surely, in some form, will benefit the 3 of them and therefore hurt the 3 of us.

whaddya say we make a little team of our own?

2 Likes

to be crystal crystal clear: she is allowed to make one Forum PM per round. she can discuss there. she can make a private deal there. she can also instead make a public deal itt too, thats fine. 1 per round

zone, I forgive you for scaring me. I poked you with 4 dmg, that did nothing. hopefully no bad blood between us

3 Likes

im gonna announce the person(s) Ishmael privately whispered with every round, and the person(s) with whom she made a deal every round

So retroactively the correct Round 1 results should have been:

Ishmael has privately whispered Squirrel
Ishmael has struck a deal with Daeron

1 Like

No problem. I guess I’ll go after Ash instead.

1 Like

@Aleph @Daeron @Ash @Marshal @Squirrel2412 @Zone_Q11

this has been changed to:

2 Likes

that makes way more sense

2 Likes

Daeron if you’d like to change the targets of the mutations of this and Dunce Cap due to this change I’ll let you

Also the person with Playful can attack Marissa for more than her current Health due to my understanding of how Willow ruled Null Field - makes the player uninteractible with anything

fwiw i submitted my own game on the queue, same as this. ill put my own twist on it, and ill write out very concrete rules and interactions, so there wouldnt be confusion mid-game. i’d also have the time to prepare for interactions and write mutations cards, good and bad. i hope you guys sign up :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

actually im not sure :sob: :sob: :sob: it confuses me so much

I mean as Marissa, I think (?) it makes sense and have no objecitons

1 Like

you guys have no idea how hard it is for a yu-gi-oh player to try to see the same things you see

for instance, in yugioh, if you have a card that says “this card cannot be targeted by card effects”

if your opponent plays a card that says “Target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of it until the End Phase.” - they can’t coz it says “target”

but if they play a card that says “Take control of 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase.” (also exists) - they can, because the wording doesn’t say the word “target”. even though you “select” the monster, you don’t “target” it. and your opponent wont know what you select until the effect resolves, unlike the first card

another example:

a card that says “target two cards. destroy them” - if you activate this, but then another effect activates that destroys one of the cards, thats fine, when our original effect resolves it will destroy the other card

but if you play a card that says “target two cards. destroy both” (also exists) - then that effect would fizzle because it has no 2 valid targets; one of the targets was invalidated. so the whole effect fizzles

so there is a difference between “them” and “both”

so i have this deeply rooted habit of looking at things as critically / literally / draconian as i can, rather than in a “sensible” way. :sweat_smile:

“You cannot be interacted with by anything other than Basic Attacks, Blocks, and Base Game Mechanics” (winning, losing, block to burn, attack, defend, doomsday clock)

this is what marissa’s ability essentially is, to me this makes more sense, although maybe for you guys this wording is worse

also something i didnt quite consider but i think it makes sense

if cursed soul is used, the person who receives it can immediately use it on the same round, and over and over again if its traded to other people

that feels consistent with daeron’s clone instantly drawing 2 mutations

the only restriction thats inherent to cursed soul is that every player can use it only once per game

I do not
I literally don’t care about the f2 implications of it, I did it entirely to stop Ash from being able to 100-0 my health bar

2 Likes

there are two cursed souls now
I assume they are individual in their restrictions? i.e I can use both cursed souls once, but not the same one twice?

1 Like

also does my clone count as a seperate player for all purposes?
i.e if it says “once per game”, and I use it on daeron A, does that also count for daeron B?

1 Like

god damn it

1 Like

if my clone does count as a seperate player, does that mean I can target them myself if the conditiion is “target another player”

i.e am I able to quasi stellar obliterator and give a bad mutation to myself (daeron A) and to my clone (daeron b)

1 Like