World's Finest - GAME OVER ASH WINS

in hindsight i should have asked willow for me to make up the entirety of the bad mutations because if she makes them and i dont understand them thats bad because i cant ask her questions because she isnt in the head space to be hosting and then i have to make rulings on something i dont understand myself

1 Like

so

once again, willow can override me (i would ask that you ping her about this if you want to though, i dont wanna ping her in case shed prefer not to)

but since the clone is able to win on its own, even if the main body dies, its not a “soulless automaton”, its like an automaton that has your “soul”. like it is “you”, since you’re able to win entirely through it

so, this might be leaning more towards RAI than RAW, but im going to rule:

• your main body can use Cursed Soul once, regardless of which instance
  • your clone can use Cursed Soul once, regardless of which instance
  • everybody else can use Cursed Soul once, regardless of which instance
  • your clone counts as a separate player for anything that says “player”. it doesn’t count as an opponent for anything that says “opponent”. for you only. so yes you can target both of your bodies with the bad mutations as they say “player”. your clone also has different actions it can take, they dont have to be the same as the main body, like you can make it do different stuff

i would like to make it clear that i dont feel comfortable at all, having to make so many rulings and decisions and impact on the game. ash was not happy at all about the playful mutation. but this just kinda happened, and the alternative was to scrap the game

i … am not good at arguments. i easily fold when other people disagree with me. i hope that u guys understand (to be clear this isnt specifically at you daeron, you are reasonable and i dont think you are pushy. i just wanted to take the opportunity to say this to like, everyone, for all future instances of me having to make snap decisions) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yea the clone is basically an extra player for many purposes

3 Likes

there’s some default rules for “Sidekicks” which is what the clone falls under technically ,ill post them

1 Like

Sidekicks

• Some Powers may be Sidekicks themselves or create Sidekicks.
  • Sidekicks count as heroes (or extra players) for all purposes – they can use their Energy to attack, defend or use their Powers, and die when they have no Energy.
  • Sidekicks have their Energy and Powers seperated from their owner , so they cannot use their owner’s Powers unless they themselves have a copy.
  • The owner of the Sidekicks make decisions for them and cannot use their hero’s defense on them . If a Sidekick is the last hero standing, its owner wins .
  • These rules are overidden by any restrictions the Powers involved pose.
3 Likes

so yea its basically another player for literally everything

3 Likes

As an mtg player that makes sense

We have the same thing with “target thing” vs “a source of your choice”

Most common (?) example is deflecting palm

2 Likes

Anyways I literally do not care how you rule things as long as it’s consistent and as long as I keep my power

1 Like

anyways i created a bunch of powers to go into the mutation deck. So if y’all wanna do the start of round 4 mutations thing go ahead

1 Like

these ones @ElizaThePsycho

1 Like

oh yea i answered those
clones are seperate players for all purposes

1 Like

its not clear to me if it means both of the cursed souls count as separate powers so each player can use each copy of cursed soul once

can squirrel used curse soul A and cursed soul B

2 Likes

Unrelated

But can someone change the thread title? It still says signups

2 Likes

oh yeye
you don’t have to keep track of which cursed soul is which, once everyone has done the thing they have done the thing. kyo’s clone is a seperate instance tho

2 Likes

alright so @Daeron scratch my ruling on the distinction between “player” and “opponent”

and each player has a hard limit of one on abilities named “cursed soul” (right? im not misreading?)

2 Likes

yep

1 Like

Uh… who was I again?

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Attack Ash. Got it.

1 Like

who am i?
where do I think i’m going?
who am I?
why i am all alone?
who do i think i am?
who i am i to think that she would follow me into the cold and dark again?

3 Likes

Actions received resolving soon

2 Likes