World's Finest - GAME OVER ASH WINS

don’t worry that’s what happened in the original game too

2 Likes

idk why call option wasnt WOTM’d out if it could do… that

2 Likes

even if ash goes afk i think he wins on turn 9 due to having most energy

maybe there were some plays if daeron gave the bad mutation to ash and zone_q11 used cursed soul on ash but i think its way too late now

i did not comprehend the math

4 Likes

same

i hoped other people would do it for me and if they bet a lot - i bet too. if they bet little - i dont bet

1 Like

the worst part is I got it, I just thought it couldnt exceed 100 and so I wasnt absurdly worried

4 Likes

my fault for not asking but I just assumed it’d be seen as insta unreasonable unless it could be

2 Likes

if i was consistent with draconian / unfavorable rulings (killing you due to chrono shield, not letting daeron’s clone instantly trigger quasi obliterator, not allowing ishmael’s devil bargain to grant power to move powers that weren’t supposed to be moved) - i would likely have also been draconian towards the call option wording here. but i wanted to be consistent so in this case - i was liberal to everyone’s ability wordings, so it didnt feel right to stop now even if it breaks the game

nah, if ur going by pure card hard wording interpretation, this was how it goes

1 Like

I’d written the card under the assumption that more than Cursed Soul and Replication would use Energy.

1 Like

would you have gained 1 million health or less health then?

Less, because M would’ve been higher.
The card was built to be a gamble on whether or not people would use their powers, a way to force people to play defensively.

1 Like

yeah your powers relied on powers being privately submitted

i went with public submission on cursed soul because if its not the very first thing its beyond useless

so that ended up making ur power OP

it was either that or useless cursed soul, but i didnt thought it’d regain this much health

1 Like

i honestly dont think a single person understood it beyond us. i might be wrong

2 Likes

I thought I’d simplified it significantly from its original iteration.

1 Like

even I didnt fully get it lol

4 Likes

for the future game i was thinking: after 1st round of power design, i touch them up to make them work together, then reveal them, then a 2nd round of power design, players design 1 more power, give them a chance to make synergies or counters (and those ones i dont touch) (or maybe still do? idk)

1 Like

or would it be more fun without a 2nd round and be it a full surprise?

coz it would kinda suck to make powers that dont interact with the rest of the game at all, and you wouldnt know

like it was pretty difficult to intergrate replication into the rest of the ability pool

I think players need to submit how they’d resolve card interactions when the full list is initially presented, and then the GM helps refine things from there.

1 Like