Is There any way that Pronouns Could be put next to the name?

i feel like i should explain further why im asking for this

being misgendered, for some people, especially specific subsets of queer people, hurts a lot. somebody who doesn’t care about what people call them might only be concerned with the aesthetics or the work behind it, but for other people it could, in a more extreme case, ruin their day or make them extremely upset. which does not remove the fact that it would, in non-extreme cases, still upset the other subset of people.

it being hidden away in a profile menu, where players (who have other things to be concerned about and are on their mind, i.e finding the mafia,) might mistake via simply forgetting. there’s also the matter if people switch pronouns, either temporarily or permanently.

i believe that this has a good chance of cutting down the rates of people being misgendered significantly.

9 Likes

This sort of feature would be really helpful for being correct more often. I do check profiles but having it be just on the screen would cut down on potential mistakes or misremembering.

It’s basically an accessibility feature imo

3 Likes

I voted!

2 Likes

though I think I have the least stake in this cuz I habitually check profiles and don’t normally get misgendered (and if I do I personally find it funny)

but I think being optional is good since the ppl who dislike how it looks just don’t use the feature

and it means more work for chloe and orange, which is great because we need our admins to earn that purple thing next to their usernames

4 Likes

same I’d be curious if someone thought i was a guy

2 Likes

Hm

3 Likes

I voted this, I think [username] [pronouns] [title] is better than [username] [title] [pronouns]

5 Likes

id prefer pronouns in the tiny space between name and post but i understand if thats not possible, whatever the setting is i think it should be optional

3 Likes

Thought: if putting the pronouns down are going to be hard/ungreat for some admin and some players, would color-coordinating things make it easier?

a ring around their pfp, colored names, a colored icon next to their pfp a la patreon, anything of that sort

5 Likes

if it’s something that looks cool I’d like it!

dont think this would work universally

you can gender sterotype blue to mean male and pink to mean female, but… what about literally everything else

2 Likes

enbies are purple and everyone else is may colored

9 Likes

for the person that seriously suggests this in the future

1. how would people who just got here know? it’s not particularly universal, and people could make false assumptions based off it
  2. will it have as great as an effect as it being written down, even if it is universal
2 Likes

oh im pretty sure even if we decided it was a good idea that it’d likely be harder to implement than most other suggestions anyway

but the idea of making people piss colored is enticing

2 Likes

there are also many neo-pronouns that people are keen to, that people would have to keep track of which colour translates to which, which is hard

2 Likes

you can already do this

5 Likes

i feel like the colors would be an addition to the player info card

“oh what does X color mean”

“ah they/them cool” and every time they see the color they think “they/them”

1 Like

we can always have a color reserved for “check the fucking playercard yall are here to read”

ill probably take that myself

2 Likes

assuming you don’t mean doing it and then the other thing

you’d have to mentally keep track of all of those things that the colours associate with. and for people who don’t have a binary gender, it’s likely useless

i don’t think colourblindness would be an issue but it could be too

3 Likes

mostly trying to minimize admin having to work overtime for ppl’s failure to read

thought: a bot that just comes and yells at you if you misgender anyone

2 Likes