Jackal Returns - Day 8 (5/20) - TOWN WINS

oh im kind of wrong

yippee

yippee!

Also iā€™m probably going to be inthread for maybe another 5-10minutes ish before i have to dip so i want to find another townread atleast before i leave lol

but tbh magnus dipped when i asked him a question and everyone else is kinda semi boring

iirc when i stopped playing it was a trend to try to find townreads instead of wolfreads and just shoot poe but i always tried that and usually failed but i should probably try it again but im finding (again) that its easy to find a reason to think someones a wolf and alot scarier to townread someone

because*

i have actually dragged my ass out of bed returned

Are you from another site/how much experience do you have

brainthoughts from catching up
i like daeron, not sure what ppl find good about magnus yet

i think magnus said things clever things from avenues i had not thought of

do you have thoughts about magnus or just a lack thereof rn

Iā€™m from Mafia Universe, realistically

hitting my one year anniversary soon on the site so thats cool

I have enough experience to win games imo iā€™m Achromatics pupil :3

anyway cya gotta go

2 Likes

this is funny but the phrase ā€˜even if i was a jackalā€™ does set off scum bells

General thoughts are just unsubstantiated interpretations building towards such an analysis. They might be easier to digest in reading, but itā€™s less content overall.

Not that Iā€™m exactly the cornerstone of posting content at the moment, but nonetheless. Itā€™s akin to asking for a summary, so I think you asked an aside question before remembering my aforementioned comments, and stepped back to justify it because you liked player engagement. Which is cool, this demonstrates a desire for productivity; but itā€™s more like saying than doing, it puts up a front.

Iā€™m a fan of Hazardā€™s stratagem this game, particularly with calling Daeron out upon being attacked as such; most of his remaining content could have been recycled from the rest of the thread, even though thatā€™s not something he would do itā€™s just been discussed elsewhere. Apoā€™s late ā€œhelloā€ post (#289) is concerning, since it put the onus forward onto others to start speaking first, but she turned that around once nobody responded. Apoā€™s taken a spectator-esque role and defended doing so without being prompted to, but I canā€™t say itā€™s AI (Apo will likely warrant scrutiny later).

I dislike this message because it asserts disapproval without any indication that Bean would ever elaborate on this topic, but again that might just be the player recipient.

Realistically speaking, all three of these slots are town and are going to be alive and suspected in lategame nonetheless.

Focusing on demeanour, Hazard actually seemed a tad unhappy during his time in the thread, as a consequence of being suspected prematurely, yet actively forged through nonetheless. Potentially unteamed withā€¦ I think Icet would be the only candidate who would raise Hazardā€™s spirits pregame.

1 Like

VOTE: Jail

the whole searching for tr thing didnt really workout

ik its rvs so dont take too seriously but the way jail is interacting with the jarek slot is weird to me
the first two posts happen while jarek is around and instead of pushing him on his passive stance they more comment on it and then hedge it. Additionally works around calling it wolfy, instead with ā€˜passiveā€™ or ā€˜interestingā€™.

though ironically ill make my own point that i dont think this strongly as i dont believe this was really deep out of jail either

1 Like

donā€™t say that my coven members will actually think iā€™m a jackal now

jokes aside this is a setup you need to memorize to be good in tbh.

I wonder if itā€™s easily exploitable in some way

Daeron was too prolific in jumping onto Jarekā€™s back with the neutral debate, and he wasnā€™t using it as a way to accuse Jarek of being specific evil alignment so the chances itā€™s artificial is unlikely.
I left a link to the pertinent message in the wall you were responding to.

Summary

This is an information slip relating to the original Jackal mod, I think. Iā€™ve never played the mod, but this betrays Daeron was operating off a misunderstanding relating to the Jackal mechanics which wouldnā€™t have arisen if he was one himself.
Tangibly confident.

1 Like

i dont know if saying youre reading too far into it in the early game is fair because thats the point but also i think concerning is a stretch

good point i didnt think of that
nevertheless ive been getting pings ive been struggling to explain so i have sympathy

also im going to sleep now ill respond to your reply tomorrow goodnight

1 Like

i asked for more general thoughts because your reads sound like they were made by a therapist or psychiatrist

Likeee, as an example scumming someone for saying hello because that according to your logic it wants other people to speak before them, which sure but i donā€™t really know if thatā€™s exactly wolfy since it could just be someone shy if we really think about it

Or maybe thatā€™s not the goal at all, they just post hello and then post again right after (id need to double check)

awkward entrance is what iā€™d call it but not really ā€œconcerningā€

For a normal game, you might have something like 12/15 good players, so for two random players arguing youā€™d even the odds and have about a half chance of them both being good.

For this specific game, itā€™s a 45% from an innocent perspective if I know the formulaic procedure right, whichā€¦ isnā€™t guaranteed.
In practice, most players are good; so if a known good player debates with another player, thereā€™s a high probability of them being good as well. Itā€™s when you account for both having unknown alignments that it gets weird.

wait i went to fact check what magnus even meant with the hello post on appo / apo forgot how many pā€™s

They said hi + words and instantly got into the game so the ā€œlate hello waiting for others to speakā€ isnā€™t even a good analysis