Percy Jackson and the Olympians FM - Town wins!

Kiiruma feels like the kind of player to always disagree with thread consensus immediately so I think its NAI. Although I havent played with Kiiruma yet ao cant be entirely sure of meta.

2 Likes

I’m unironically contrarian but I guess I just read people in ways that some people don’t sometimes lol

1 Like

Who could Anomymoose possibly be? Who’s hiding under that mysterious mask?

2 Likes

Tutuu
Anonymoose
Arctic
May

These are the safest townreads to have. I urge everybody to have them. I townread them, and multiple of my townreads townread them, and those players are in turn townread by other players

There is a safety net in townreading these four players - if any one of those players is mafia its due to the inaccuracy of multiple town players, not just one

Atlas
Sulit
Jarek
Ash

This set of four is my personal addendum to the towncore. For the bottom three - I dont know these people that well. I’m applying either general towntells or experimental towntells that haven’t been tested in a mafia game before. I’m not infallible, I can make mistakes. Please make your own risk assessment on sheeping me here. Im very confident these are all town, but there is no safety net here. As for Atlas specifically it’s on the request of Arctic, for moving her down here. Atlas also towncores Arctic like I do. Which makes it correct for me to trust Arctic over Atlas. If Arctic is mafia it’s the combined inaccuracy of both me and Atlas, we share the burden. And Arctic and Atlas aren’t w/w they have no reason to bus immediaty. Whereas if Atlas is mafia it’s only my fault, and Arctic warned me. Therefore Arctic should be townread and trusted more than Atlas

Bystander
Leafia

I have mild townreads here. I don’t feel confident. These reads are sketchy, so be cautious. Don’t blindly sheep them

1 Like

Keep the momentum going guys (the townies) (when you wake up, the americans)

Box out the wolves. Be as towny as you can please. Let’s win a game

1 Like

no

1 Like

But you’re such a goood boyyyy~

Whooos a good boy? Whoooos a good boyyyy?

2 Likes

The goodest boy will show me who the woofies are~

Whoooo are the woofies?

Whoooo are the woofies?~

This is how town loses games.
I refuse to just have a “Everyone in this is town” thing :upside_down_face:
Any mistake can cause a loss.

1 Like

This hasnt been my experience at all

i just have a very strong sense of discontentment with this game right now

like, look at the consensus reads, and then look at the frequent posters list. you (and everyone else to a lesser extent) are just townreading the people playing the game. which makes me unenthusiastic because either you’re wrong (probably on someone like atlas who i can’t be bothered to convince you on) and we’ll kill the people just not playing/making themselves readable (of which there are far too many) and lose that way or you’re right and the wolves are just the people not playing and the game is boring

in gamestates like this, a wolf in the top half of the players doesn’t even have to be towny. they can win by just posting even if it’s not towny (like how I think Atlas is posting) and they’ll be fine because the bar for towniness is so low. this is more or less what happened with my read on rabbit in my champs game. i didn’t think he was that towny. i still had him as town despite not really townreading him because so many people were even less towny, and the nature of poe being relative means this is unavoidable. and the losses that happen because of stuff like this is really annoying to deal with because it almost feels like those particular wolves didn’t even fool you, it’s just…you can’t justify killing them when you have well -gestures at half of the playerlist-

3 Likes

My experience with town losses is lack of town cohesion thats responsible for the loss, as the most common reason

oh and as a result i also have no interest in doing anything until the bottom half of posters either get towny and we have to re-eval the higher posters or they post and are wolfy then we can just kill them

if they post and are just meh neither wolfy nor towny then we’ll still end up killing someone like that over an equally meh higher poster when in reality the probability they are either alignment is gonna be roughly the same

stop stating stuff like this it scares me :sob:

1 Like

VOTE: Luxy

I disagree with this ending bit.
I liked the post because of the first few bits you’d said.

I think that the frequent posters always being townread is interesting to me.

how does your point about illwei still apply when she just rescinded that read

like power wolf or not you don’t really push the one tr practically every has lol

and i don’t really think it’s wrong to worry about the tutu sulit sod weirdness

This is a sample size of one and you might have a recency bias

The high posters in sorc 17er were all town and we cannibalized ourselves due to paranoia

That sample size of one is a counter argument to your example. Wanting the game to be fun can get in the way of winning

I would urge everybody to do what they think is best to win the game we’re playing, and not chase subjective forms of “fun” and “escaping boredom”

Please dont mislead your teammates just because youre bored

You are free to case Atlas and convince me or us she’s Mafia. Nobody can tell you to not do it. Its your own choice if you dont wanna do it. I dont think anyone else is the reason for your discontent of the game

That goes for all the other reads as well. Like feel free to convince people theyre wrong. But please dont imply that we are going in the wrong direction because you wanted this mafia game to be an exciting phoenix wright ace attorney case

you literally have not talked about the game besides that

it shows you like basically read the thread but then chooses to comment on that first

a little towny

how much does kiiruma push entitlement as wolf?