Percy Jackson and the Olympians FM - Town wins!

I’M ADDING ONE MORE THING, I did this in a game to Leafia once (while hydraing with Zug) and found her to be heavily postcount polarised over like 23 games, 141 ppd as wolf vs 66 ppd as town with a standard deviantion of 52 ppd. Now, obviously there is overlap between her wolfrange and townrange there, any game could be an outlier. A postcount number alone is unreliable evidence! It’s not usually going to get you somebody’s alignment!

But what this information is useful for is indicating underlying causes of its fluctuations. Leafia posts more as wolf because she has more to say as wolf, because she’s more motivated as wolf, because she gets into extended arguments and doesn’t let things go as wolf. And the postcount thing is a flag to look for more specific behaviours than just “posting a lot” or “posting a little”.

It’s similar to other “objective tells” you can spot: Leafia uses the word “gamethrowing” as wolf much more than town, not because there’s some forcefield making her, but because she more often tries to shut down people’s arguments by saying “you are literally gamethrowing by doing [X]” (this was discovered through manual forum search in a BotF I was playing and not through any kind of forbidden tool, I would not be allowed to mention it if it were). The exact word “gamethrowing” is volatile and unreliable, but trying to paint other people as “objectively in the wrong” when they are not? That comes from TMI, and you can use that to make good reads in games!

People bash this kinda thing in mafia all the time because they assume people are trying to use numbers alone to make reads, which is not super reliable and is easy to jam the signal of once you’re aware of it. But numbers can be the basis of more thoughtful arguments! They can give you insight into people’s minds in the same way looking at their posts can! Let me have my numbers. I deserve my numbers

1 Like

You’re welcome I am now obvtown

2 Likes

@Atlas i think the recent posts should be clear enough for May to be town in case you still had doubts

3 Likes

i can read.

2 Likes

(joking)

1 Like

I think youre trying too hard
Go actually read ppl on their posts :p

I have officially won the argument. Also I’ll do that later it’s borign so I don’t want to do that

1 Like

can somebody explain those series of posts from bean from her being town

I am convinced beancat is town too, no more paranoia there

I dont know how you guys managed to find her so early but props to you

1 Like

why.

You mean “why would bean post those posts as town?”

My guess is she just likes arguing

being a contrarian isnt necessarily town indicative
can you explain why shes town off of those posts

I dont know, am i jumping the gun? What made you feel concerned Atlas?

She was already town for me. Can you explain why shes mafia off those posts?

Me arguing with may is NAI i literally do this any time anyone mentions postcount

why was she already townie for you first
she seemed largely nai and not helping often, which made me suspect her
during the argument she blantly misinterpreted may’s argument to be about the opposite of what it was because she didn’t like the fact post count was being discussed, which i tend to dislike

She’s done this to me before when I’ve mentioned post count in games I’m pretty sure. I think it’s inaccurate and frustrating but I don’t think it’s hard wolf indicative

She was town for me coz i was sheeping the multiple townreads she was receiving - from apprentice, may, bystander, sulit

Postcount is alignment indicative. It’s one of the most alignment indicative things in fact

you didnt even bother to read the post may was talking about
i dislike that you jumped the gun for no real reason