Tales of the Abyss - Town Victory!

Expanding on what has already been said about Sulit’s slot, she also seems more probing with their questions than what I remember. Sulit was also willing to question the reads that some others have on their slot… chaining questions together. That was all way earlier, though, and Sulit was offline earlier today than she was yesterday.

It felt like a flat reply.

1 Like

I’m going to talk about Prophylaxis now.
Proph set himself up as a confident villager in his entrance, boldly claiming that he couldn’t imagine “any combination of wolfteam surviving” both himself and v!Achro, and pays tribute to Achro’s ability to hide his alignment as well. This contrasts Proph’s later attitude that his wolf game “is not very good“, thereby indicating that Proph believes his townplay to be stronger than his wolfplay. This is at odds with how other players treat Proph, with practically everyone being at least scum-paranoid, but that’s just the life of any proactive player.

Proph immediately tries to build rapport with Achro. Now, buddying is a scumtell that involves either trying to look aligned with another player in case you flip scum, or to get on another player’s side by agreeing with them a lot. If Proph seemed more interested in manipulating Achro’s trust here, given his obvious respect for Achro’s play (as seen in the opening) than coordinating their efforts, that would be buddying instead of agreement.

Proph doesn’t look particularly aligned with Achro from my perspective, or even really fake aligned. Proph townread Marluna earlier, which Achro affirmed a moment later. And then later about Leafia’s execution, Proph’s thoughts run perpendicular but not identical to Achro’s. Solving is great, yep. I just think Proph is generally agreeing with and townreading Achro, more than this being a buddying attempt.

I don’t want to talk about Achro all the time, but I thought it was relevant here given how much Proph’s ISO mentions him. Moving on from that, Proph has a very involved playstyle this game, engaging directly with Zenon’s reactionary behaviour and questioning other people as time goes on, but in a way that forms an overall picture instead of just “trying to look productive” (at least in my humble opinion). I find it funny that Proph wanted to play devil’s advocate in case Leafia flipped town, but he‘s also too convinced in the read to do so, which I think comes from a townie. A wolf in this position might say they will and just not bother, but Proph reiterated their interest in the idea.

I don’t think Proph has formed a lot of their own townreads, though. He admits sheeping Achro’s townreads, and despite claiming to have a high standard, he hasn’t explained why he has a positive read on Hippo beyond liking their response to Kiiruma’s opener.

What makes a post feel “flat” in your opinion?

degen hour gaming!

I feel like this quote chain here potentially indicates that Kiiruma/Hazard aren’t wolves together? Just that if you know you’re buddies here with Kiiruma there is like, no reason at all to make the second part of the post, and it probably doesn’t even enter your mind to post that second response here as well if Hazard/Kiiruma are indeed wolves together?

Don’t think Hazard and Magnus are aligned here as well, mostly because this progression from Hazard reads as Hazard getting organically more indignant at Magnus (and he’s going so far to flip the tables on him, which is really weird to do if you don’t have any sort of scripted ulterior motive, which… I don’t think Hazard does given that he literally ends his post here with “any other questions”)

I have a theory that wolves are more likely to explicitly position themselves among the town, so that’s a point against Hippo’s entrance. He doesn’t acknowledge Achro’s prompt about wanting to kill Leafia, either. Since this has already started out negatively, you could uncharitably call Hippo’s question about v!Leafia’s difference playstyle TMI.

I can confirm that Hazard and I are not aligned here.
You’re welcome.

I will admit that most of my reads this game have not been especially fleshed out, though I will choose to blame that on being MIA for the past 13 hours. I haven’t done a whole lot of real-time nor deep analysis thus far.

With regards to this D1, I’m pretty happy parroting Chris for the most part and playing more of a support role.

I think that Chris is correct on Leafia being a wolf, I think my meta analysis for the most part backs this up, I think she’s been incessantly focused on survival and neutral hunting and has not at all been very interested in figuring out who the actual wolves are.

Is there any reason why you were around to answer my question but you weren’t around at all earlier? Were you lurking or something?

I take a solid amount of pride in my towngame and I think I’m capable of being an effective villager in most gamestates. It would take a pretty wily wolfteam to outwit and outplay me (which admittedly the wolfteam in Hydra Game 4 last year did, so props to them).

My wolfgame is less than stellar and it’s just not really a part of the game I enjoy. I had exactly one, maybe two good wolfgames on the old site, but my wolfgames on this site has ended with me getting executed pretty early.

I was watching something I missed from livestream.

Flat reply mean there’s no thought given in the response from Sulit

Let’s find out.

@Sulit why did you townread this post?

Guess that begs the question, what is alignment indicative for you?

I need to go to sleep, I’m on post 860 and burning myself out.

No thoughts head empty, I see Chris wrote a long paragraph about me so I’m excited to dive into that tomorrow.

See y’all tomorrow, hopefully I can be more coherent then.

1 Like

have a good sleep mate!

2 Likes

Can also confirm i would rather not stand near magnus within a 10 metre radius <3/j

I’m honestly getting SK vibes from Hazard? This post still comes across as actively passive to me, which is subtly different from Hazard’s usual early chill, which I think was because he wanted to look outwardly casual. I would buy him doing this as either alignment, I do this too, but I think his misunderstanding later suggests he wasn’t intentionally contemplating this positioning in his mind. If he’s unnaturally and unconsciously trying to make himself look good, that just gives me a bad vibe. There was an earlier misunderstanding earlier in the day as well, so it’s a pattern. Hazard hasn’t reacted greatly to pressure much this day, but he was completely relaxed when I questioned him in Need For Speed.

This feels more like a questionable post. Hazard is basically saying “I don’t like you suspecting me, but I townread you anyway”, which feels like a buddying attempt. He was also happy to discuss mech, and when pushed by Leafia he insinuated he would’ve PR hunted in scumchat instead if he was evil. Also given that Leafia’s push was rushed… I just think Hazard’s giving me SK vibes over anything else.

This is why I think you are evil.

You might not see it now regarding Achromatic, I do believe even for villager he likely rolled, he does seem wanting to unite the townies rather than leaving it in splinter groups with many different opinions. That is unless talking will not get convinced to join Achro, then it will get bloody.

Right so, what have you concluded so far with select few players?

1 Like

the issue with that connection is that in need for speed i was generally town read for majority of the game. when you joined in i dont think there was anyone in the game at the time scum reading me. in turn i was more relaxed.

could you explain this part a bit more. dont necessarily get your drift

1 Like