The Amazing Digital Circus Vigilante ten-er - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

Putting the “if you were to be town” comment aside, this post is vastly different from anything else in bystander’s history. Everything other read is thrown out into the air casually, without much sense of calculation behind the posts. She feels no need to justify her other reads, and I think that different treatment could be a result of the fact that bystander has specifically put out this read in search for credibility, or in order to give Garfooled credibility when she flips.

2 Likes

bystander being fifteen would make sense, and it would adequately explain a few things, but I have known enough people that I would not make that assumption straight away.

2 Likes

tutuu you thought I was in middle school. can you really talk here

1 Like

(lighthearted)

1 Like

This is a wolfclaim; Garfooled is clearly asking tutuu to access the wolfchat they share. The team is Garfooled/tutuu. This is an open-and-shut case.

3 Likes

Garfooled, what were you thinking about bystander around the time you made this post?

1 Like

absolutely nothing
i forgot they existed at times

1 Like

You come from a minecraft forum

2 Likes

This is, unfortunately for me, the correct and realistic towny answer.

1 Like

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
/kill tutuu

1 Like

Hello everyone this is Zugzwang and today I will be building a Forum Mafia Bot using Minecraft Redstone

2 Likes

(also btw most people who play mafia on hypixel are in high school or college)

1 Like

Here is a sample of Garfooled’s game-related posts.

Summary

You will notice that almost every single time Garfooled questions somebody, that post or a post shortly after it will contain an explicit read. The only set of posts violating this rule I found were a set of questions to Leafia, which were followed a period of time later by that townread on Leafia due to her “real thought post”.

On the other hand, Garfooled never expresses a single read on bystander independently. Not in a bulk read post, not as Garfooled is talking to her, not as other people ask questions. The only reads Garfooled makes on bystander are unpairing reads with Magnus, something that isn’t present elsewhere in this post history, as far as I can tell. I find this awkward and potentially paired.

3 Likes

this is brutal

2 Likes

Another thought: as far as I am aware, bystander is more experienced with shortform chat mafia, correct? With the mid-power rolesets that tend to be played in that format, identifying power roles quickly becomes a major part of the game in a way it isn’t in mountainous or in role madness. And with the high volume of games that can be played, it is possible to gain much more experience as a wolf hunting for power roles than in a longform setting where one might only play as wolf once every few months, and it also helps one improve at identifying them quickly, from only a few posts.

I can easily see bystander as the player who was able to identify jail as the Vigilante, and if you will allow me to dip into agenda for a moment, I can also easily see Garfooled reading through jail’s posts, either during the night or after his flip, order to better understand where this read came from. The connection to Garfooled is a stretch, but I do not think that either Garfooled or bystander were “too inactive” to guess jail as the Vigilante.

2 Likes

@Magnus Are you locked on Rhea mafia or do you think it could be Zug?

My sister dragged me into playing Just Dance and my body is now properly exhausted, but my mind is firing.

I’m glad you picked up on that, Tutuu. I’ve been learning that way, actually; it could be Zug if it’s not Rhea, although the disparity in how much I suspect them is paramount — the latter is suspicious with carefully worded responses engineered to separate their current game from their wolfplay, an unwillingness to prescribe a read with any certainty whereas the latter could be a tinfoil at worst. Rhea has been posting mostly as they should were they a villager, whereas Zug has been far exceeding the expectation that would be applied to their villager alignment.

With that said, I didn’t quite want to say it because it felt so improbable, and I didn’t want to sow the seeds of doubt so early.

1 Like

I had an enlightenment earlier this game when Zug posted the Magnus!read that he was always, irreconcilably, irrefutably town.

1 Like

@Magnus

Can you towncase Gar in full? I’d like to see all your reasons here.

Because currently I’m seeing the main reasons as:

Yes, they may have said they were resigning themselves, but this doesn’t mean they actually were! appearing to capitulate and accepting one’s flip is a useful trick sometimes.

In ~recent memory, Achro made excellent use of this in The Cyberiad Overhaul (relevant post linked); you can read the context if you wish. There, many people (including Tutuu/Gar and Me/May, which happens to be 3/5 of us here…) were correctly tunneled on him, and focused on fighting him. By self-voting and appearing to give up, it removed our goal, forcing us to reconsider.

Now, Achro is obviously a much better wolf than everyone here, but that doesn’t mean Gar can’t use the same trick.

see above

This is false? While I wouldn’t say Gar necessarily felt uncomfortable, given the way they tend to post, I also do not believe they felt comfortable.

Naturally, if Gar was making an attempt not to die, they would attempt to look solvy. Especially as they believed they would be likely vigged otherwise.

1 Like

the thing is I’m not as sure on Gar anymore

like, “if you were to be town” does have the same meaning… sort of? I was pondering this and I can kinda see myself using it
It might be that the “to be” makes it a much more uncommon clause, weakening the instincts that go with that

plus like. “if you are to be town” doesn’t work. only “if you were to be town” does. so if the “to be” came to mind then it kinda forces the “were”

and Bystander isn’t me
like, I certainly have ungrammatical quirks
so they could have this one

1 Like