The Amazing Digital Circus Vigilante ten-er - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

Magnus would be my next candidate, as I have stated, but I do not find that to be a convincing world. Hence why I would be worrying.

case magnus
im curious

Magnus has not had any moments that I find to be intensely towny in the same way that I find from Zugzwang and tutuu; they have not tried so hard that they have no excuse to not be dead eventually. Their push on bystander, though I have not reread it in some time, could have simply been identifying which way the wind was blowing and taking advantage of that for credibility. They feel like they sometimes spell out to thread why they are town in a way that is slightly unnatural, and many of their actions feel like they thought “what would a wolf never say here” and went to say exactly that: their “blatant agenda” when directing executions and Vigilante shots, “TMIing” Someone town at the start of Day 1, their comments on how odd the night kills were, et cetera. I can see why they would kill Leafia and then comment on it as an act of misdirection.

1 Like

I will share this with you all: in all my time playing mafia, I have never won any execute-or-lose scenario as town, not alive. Whenever I have been brought there, I have always misvoted or been misvoted. That is the only reason why I would be alive, after all: strong suspicion on me or bad reads of my own. I try not to let my nervousness show, but this is not familiar territory to me, and I feel it is unfair to conceal that fact from you.

1 Like

mmmmmmmmmmm
I sorta see this? but if Bystander intends to push Gar for a misexe, then she will care more about optics because she knows it will look bad D2

If Bystander was trying to save themselves, they ~have to go with their reads, in order to be consistent. They wolfread Gar previously, so them must continue now.

If Bystander was in antispew, then it doesn’t matter anyway.

I might TR that but:

And also, for today at least, Magnus’ read changes were forced.

im getting “vote me for president” vibes
though I don’t know what that means

That is not my intention. Pity has no place in mafia. I wish only to express that I am inexperienced here, at least relative to my experience with other stages of a game. I do not want to be treated as if my word is gospel.

1 Like

oh i misread your message
my bad

i thought you were saying the opposite :sweat_smile:

Zugzwang, I find your points fair, and I can see the case for Magnus being mafia. Thank you for walking through things with me. It has broken me out of my trance a bit.

1 Like

have you seen/read the rest of my stuff on Magnus
and if so what do you think about it

I still think Garfooled is more likely as a wolf. I don’t find this especially convincing:

The optics of a confident push for a misexecution are bad. The optics of bystander’s post, if Garfooled flipped town, were worse than a casual push for Garfooled being evil. On the other hand, a confident push for a correct execution looks much better than a casual push for a correct execution, because people are less likely to see it as opportunistic bussing.

However, reviewing through the reasons I townread Magnus has reminded me why there was so much time where I did not. They have looked very natural at times, but they also break into tones where it seems like they are saying the exact opposite of what they think a wolf would say in a way that could easily be a wolf’s mindset.

I probably need to review my reasons for townreading you and tutuu if I truly want to feel confident that I have been as thorough as this game deserves. It has been fun. I would not want to let you all down by being lazy at the end of it.

1 Like

I have read it previously. There was nothing I saw fit to comment on, and it didn’t break me out of my passive townread in the way that talking to you directly did, but that may have been confirmation bias. I should reread it to check its validity. I cannot do that immediately, but with time I will.

1 Like

Everyone else is saying you could be evil, and Rhea suspected Bystander right off the bat in a fashion that seemed unpartnering. I ultimately needed to reevaluate because it would ultimately hurt the most if everyone sheeped my vague unexplained townlock read. In hindsight, you really had only expressed your reads upon being asked to do so without ever shaking the curb; I could expect w!you to do more given your position, but I could also question why v!you hasn’t.

okay what.

Given this post earlier, the kill on Leafia was a big part, if not the main reason, why Magnus had doubts on W!Rhea.

Also, Rhea’s interaction with Bystander:

• Has been in plain sight for the whole day. Why is Magnus only seeing this now?
  • Has even been argued as wolfy by myself multiple times (for one example, see post 1100), and Magnus had never disputed this

You’re tunnelled irrespective of your alignment. The Leafia kill was not the predominant factor in doubting Rhea’s alignment; I verbalised room for dubiousness so early as yesterday when Rhea elucidated an alternate window and I voted Bystander, as supported by the first day when I said Rhea should have been an easy slot to townread in any other world. Rhea’s verbosity and conjecture was the principle reason.

Nor is it accurate to say I’m only seeing the interaction “now”, as in this very moment, when I’d been clear for a significant portion of today that I was only continuing to suspect Rhea out of obligation.

I don’t see your point in 1100.

Noted.

1 Like

While looking through your ISO I have seen 1204, which I had forgotten about - so fair enough that you did have this read earlier.

My point in 1100 is that it is suspicious to leave a wolf at the bottom of one’s reads while not actually trying to get them executed.

You might think this because it sounds reasonable, it’s something that I would also say, but have you ever seen this from a wolf in practice (especially for the first day)? Most evils tend to leave their partners in null or scumlean at worse early on for a reason, in order to expressly avoid voting them while also providing an excuse to bus them if it becomes necessary. Leaving them at the bottom just makes it apparent to anyone who skims your ISO.

1 Like

I see the progression in your Rhea read better now
though the way you talk about it at times still seems contradictory