The Amazing Digital Circus Vigilante ten-er - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

I had this message predrafted, which I didn’t want to send until after the first votecount because I thought I’d be accused of TMI’ing that the game was continuing or something silly like that. It’s strange how oftentimes villagers can feel just as hampered as evils in what they’re allowed to say, sometimes.

Summary

There is no moral accomplishment in the deed of correcting a false read on the final day, it shouldn’t have reached this point at all. I thought you would be super easy to read so I just never bothered to reassess it when a second threat didn’t manifest itself, and I crammed Zug into a box even though my verbiage acknowledged issues with that assumption. Why pretend that it isn’t so?

You successfully remained under cover for a week without the slightest bounds of town-led suspicion, and considering your streak of evil rands and losses, this game must have been some relief. You played better than I did, and I take no pleasure in detecting the crime only after the riches were robbed. Of course this could be seen as insincere if I was evil, trying to applaud a villager for being super devious and that’s how you might feel forced to acknowledge it publicly, but either way you’d know the truth.

At the very least I’d hope being in control would be of some relief to Rhea, given their talk about never winning in this position, but given their broken device there’s no guarantee they’ll even be back to cast a vote either way. So let’s just mess around or whatever.

5 Likes

haha… ha… ha…

stares at the 300 posts in zugs RC

4 Likes

zug is great :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Yeah this is a nice catch, it is a contradiction. I voted first because generally the first person to vote is a town tell, or at least >50% town compared to the second to vote, and also because Mag wasn’t the first person to vote in their previous two wolf games where they made it to F3. They were chilling. I was planning on using those games as evidence that their behavior is identical

I was feeling dreadful that I was gonna lose, I got the memo that Mag was planning on voting for me, so I decided “fuck it we ball” and just voted them and let jesus take the wheel. Keeping my options open by trying to pocket both of you was intensely stressful I couldn’t keep it up

4 Likes

I don’t think the first is a tell?

The second definitely is, the reasoning for the vote was very weird and they also didn’t analyse you like they almost certainly would’ve as Town. I would say they probably felt Magnus’ vote coming and had to come up with a reason to vote them?

It was a thought process that was quite unlikely to come from a villager, IMO.

I’m not going to rant too much though. This is apparently a big step up for tutuu if I’m getting things right? So congratulations, you played well! :croggers:

Especially since Vig10 is a hard setup to win for wolves, I think? (Don’t quote me on that)

1 Like

I think voting there was the play tbh, it i was town i wouldve townread u for it

1 Like

I think voting there was the play tbh, it i was town i wouldve townread u for it

1 Like

I agree. I think my nervousness of “why I’m still alive” / defensiveness about night kill was probably scummy but I don’t think me towncasing myself was scummy. Towncasing yourself is a neutral behavior and good town play imo

1 Like

I decided my vote within the first two hours, yeah. I was just deliberating until both were online because voting otherwise felt uncharitable to both.

I’ve been in this exact gamestate before from Tutuu’s position.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it be? Villagers tend to trend upward over time, and wolves tend to trend downward. While villagers tend to have some paranoia that they will be found out in a final-three situation, they know that the material placed down in the game so far will be on their side. While some nervousness is natural, some self-towncasing is natural, an entire slideshow presentation in response to minimal suspicion perhaps indicates a guilty conscience.

1 Like

Before the day began, I had told myself that if you voted for tutuu (rather than voting for me, which would seem the easy path to a wolf, or returning a cross-vote), you were always town.

1 Like

If I wanted an easy vote, I just keep Zug alive. I always tend to keep the specially relevant players alive, and I sorely misjudged how townread they actually were.

1 Like

The fact that you went after tutuu at all as an angle of attack was town-indicative, as a wolf probably would have expected me to go into the final day townreading tutuu as I had expressed all game, and would plan to get tutuu to misvote for me as the easiest path present. I just could not tell whether you were keeping your options open and were forced into a corner by tutuu’s vote, or whether you were, as I had told myself, always town for failing to come in with a plan.

In hindsight, I should have taken your heavy suspicion of tutuu and soft-clearing of me as virtually the same as placing a vote, as you had basically locked yourself out of pursuing me as a misvote at all. That was my mistake.

1 Like

Considering that your activity was restricted prevented any heavy reevaluation at all. I wasn’t expecting to win the game, I just wanted to get the right read first. You’re all good.

1 Like

never TR smol brain talk again
that is a wolfy tactic from now on

4 Likes

I think wolf you would struggle a lot winning an F3 against town zug. It would have to rely on trying to invoke paranoia “why is zug still alive”. I don’t think anyone was getting convinced zug is mafia other than being alive for too long

(well between me and rhea, it was just the two of us)

someone nominate tutuu for this game so I can second it
with fancy words

3 Likes

if i do it it’ll be
/nom tutuu
they do good evil yes

3 Likes

I was trying to pocket both of you by being funny in this case specifically, I wouldn’t have written it with normal posts, but I wanted an excuse to make a presentation, hopefully have you go “Lol this never comes from scum”